PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Club doesn't include State of Nevada?

DaDuckFan1955
01-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Wonder why they exclude the State of Nevada, but include all the other 49 states? tried entering the sweepstakes and red NV and DC not allowed, Maybe we should stop patronizing Disney as well hmmmmm?
Guess they could take losing 1 million potential visitors?

It's their right to exclude whoever they desire and I sent them an email asking what they have against Nevadan's, thought I'd post this here to alert others as well though.:confused::crying:

candles71
01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
What does Budweiser have against Californians? I tried to enter a superbowl sweepstakes and California was excluded.
It usually has something to do with how the contest is put together and the laws in a particular state.

bennette
01-17-2013, 06:32 PM
What does Budweiser have against Californians?

We drink too much wine?

candles71
01-17-2013, 06:34 PM
:p Whistler has a job clear down near the Budweiser factory and has no desire for the free tour, so there you go.

Malcon10t
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
It has to do with the laws of Nevada. They have something in the contest that can't be done in Nevada and instead of not having it they just have to say void in Nevada.

queenbetsey
01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Not sure about the laws in Nevada as they relate to sweepstakes but do know that California has laws that prevent alcohol related sweeps out here. Kind of stinks for me as I am a sweeper and miss out on some great sweeps but that is the way it is out here. No alcohol related sweeps even if the prize has no boze included you still cannot run it out here

GusMan
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Wonder why they exclude the State of Nevada, but include all the other 49 states?
This is most likely DVC following the rules for the state of Nevada for the type of contest that is being held.
Some states exclude different types of contests or exclude contests with certain types of prizes.