PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For The Memories, CMs!

Rallymonkey23
08-14-2003, 04:10 PM
I figured that since a few people on the boards don't think there aren't enough positive things being said about the DLR around here. I figured this would be a good way of bringing something positive to talk about. :)

Discuss your favorite CM memory here that made your visit to the DLR a more magical experience!

I'll share mine later. It's back to work for me!

CarlieB
08-14-2003, 04:14 PM
My favourite CM experiences involve a couple of really funny rides on the Jungle Cruise and the tram back to the parking lot. The first night we were at DL last August we caught the tram back to the Timon lot from DTD at about 10pm. The guy doing the spiel on the tram was hilarious. I can't remember specifics, but he was good:D Ditto for the JC CMs we've encountered so far - for some reason it just makes my day:)

TruSlack
08-14-2003, 05:26 PM
There have been a few, but the ones that stand out were from the 'overnight' prior to the opening of DCA (the campout by the Matterhorn). From the tram attendant out at the parking garage to the CMs who hung around at the back of the pack (by the matterhorn) playing cards, joking around, watching movies (Idle Hands ring a bell anyone?) and just plain having a good time with the guests (despite having to work from at least 11:00pm to 7:00am).

A very mellow group as far as the 'you can't go there' type of attitude. In fact, I was able to 'get away' with a friend for a smoke (she smokes, I don't) and coffee some distance away from the throng (with the approval of the CMs, of course) with no problems at all.

When 5am rolled around, everyone waved to the news choppers; at 7am or so, the CMs lined Main street and waved 'goodbye' as we headed to the opening DCA ceremonies (we were the last group allowed to 'fill in' the back of the seating area).

I can't remember their names now, but I did write a letter praising the efforts of the CMs involved, saying that we had a great time (despite being up all night), and that the CMs were the best part of the experience.

Thanks again!

-arg

PXSgeek
08-14-2003, 10:21 PM
i can recall having everyone infront of the mainstreet DLRR station singing happy birthday to me when a crowd control CM announced my birthday:D
and yesterday, having breakfast with my girlfriend at the carnation cafe, a great CM by the name of Kay who was our waitress had the whole restaurant sing to HER, she was nearly in tears. Afterwards she got a cup of ice cream wich she put into her chocolate milk, having seen this Kay said, "oh look, she made a malt" hehe thanks Kay!!!!:p
also i forget his name, but the mime in NOS, DUDE YOU ROCK!!!