PDA

View Full Version : Everyone go to Disneyland.com and ask that Tomorrowland be painted white for the 50th

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Maybe if enough of us ask politely they will paint tomorrowland white. Its not out of the question, it wouldnt cost them a huge amount. What im saying is that it is a realistic thing that could happen if enough of us email them and tell them at city hall. Hey if they couldnt make a new ride this would be my second thing I would like for them to do.
Tell me what you think about this idea.

:) http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs

Andrew
08-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Or we could organize a paint party for the 49th.

cstephens
08-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Maybe if enough of us ask politely they will paint tomorrowland white.

I don't want all of Tomorrowland to be white. I just want Space Mountain to be white.

Disneyfreak
08-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Well thats the problem. If they paint SM white and leave everything else the same then it will look out of place. I agree with you but thats what the management would say which is as usual, STUPID. If they are going to paint it they are going to do the whole thing. :rolleyes:

YellowMan
08-13-2003, 12:48 PM
As bad as some may think this new color scheme is (I happen to think it's not all that bad), returning to the 80s look would be much worse. Disney needs to do something new to Tomorrowland, not return it to a plain old color for nostalgia's sake.

MAGIC KINGDOM
08-13-2003, 02:22 PM
I couldnt agree more the present paint colors really do look dirty. I ve heard they have new plans for Tommorowland but after seeing what theve done and talking too a few unimageneers ive gave up on the future of Tommorland i HAD TO BUY VIEWMASTER OF THE 70s just to see when it was nice and clean and actually had some shows and rides.. well lets just hope they can pull there collective heads out of the clouds and do something? But at least they have been working on the rest of the park..

zapppop
08-13-2003, 02:50 PM
The Euro Disneyland color scheme doesn't fit Tomorrowland because they did a half assed update to the architecture of the land that makes it looks weird. I think anyone who's been to both parks understands why. It's like when Disneyland copied their It's A Small World color scheme and soundtrack in 1992; it just didn't look or sound right.

Painting Tomorrowland white again, like it was from 1967-1997 is fine with me. It's not an expensive thing to do and would improve the land until it's given another overhaul.

Rallymonkey23
08-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah, we would have something to at least look at in Tommorrowland if they painted it white again. :fez:

Cadaverous Pallor
08-13-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't demand that we move backwards. I DO demand that Tomorrowland look nice. In other words, paint it what you will, Disney, but make it good. It doesn't have to be white.

innerSpaceman
08-13-2003, 04:12 PM
I think beige is the color of the future. Beige doesn't fade in the sun. Beige doesn't make any statement. Beige doesn't offend.

Beige.

Andrew
08-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I think beige is the color of the future. Beige doesn't fade in the sun. Beige doesn't make any statement. Beige doesn't offend.

Beige.

I agree.

cemeinke
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

Beige.

But doesn't the city of Irvine own the copyright to beige?
:fez:
(Now to check out that obscure joke reference thread)

Not Afraid
08-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
But doesn't the city of Irvine own the copyright to beige?
:fez:
(Now to check out that obscure joke reference thread)

HA!

I think I'll explain that one now.

I worked for the City of Irvine Cultural Affairs Division for 10 years. We were involved in all sorts of sinage, paper and logo issues. Irvine is not the most exciting place to live in - especially for the creative sorts. The joke was that the City needed a new logo ....... a Beige Dot.......and a new city motto....."Welcome to Irvine. Nothing ever happens here, and nothing ever will".

Cadaverous Pallor
08-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The joke was that the City needed a new logo ....... a Beige Dot.......and a new city motto....."Welcome to Irvine. Nothing ever happens here, and nothing ever will". Official Irvine smiley: :| You know, our Irvine apt is a pinkish-beige.....

And I amend my previous post - paint it whatever color you want, Disney, just please don't let it be beige, putty, champagne, or any other non-colors! :D

cemeinke
08-13-2003, 06:52 PM
But seriously, what would painting tomorrowland white do? the state it's in today it would be just one enormous blank canvas - might as well just put up white construction walls and close the land down for awhile.

Let's put something in it before we talk about what color to paint it

merlinjones
08-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Tomorrowland must return to the futuristic ultramodern space age moonscape white silver and blue cool color schemes. Drab poop-y earthtones and rust and psuedo bronze and dirty katsup and mustard splattered walls begone!

Bring back the modernist sculptures and colorful tropical plants and psychedelic interiors. The future is now...

Up go the Rocket Jets to their starry platform, while whiz go the new Monorail trains, bubbles intact. Whoosh go the new PeopleMover cars. Merrily the Carousel of Progress spins on its return from Florida. Zoom go the cameras past the CircleVision 360 vistas. Blurpity blurp goes the Nautilus on its shimmering Submarine Voyage.

Keep the groovy new planters (painted white) and neon lights and the Moonliner. Otherwise...

Restore Tomorrowland now, you cheap mustards!

Disneyfreak
08-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Even if they dont paint it white, DO SOMETHING. Please we are begging you to do something to it for the 50th. All we are asking here is paint, and do something with the cosmic waves or cosmic forest:rolleyes:
They should make a light show out of cosmic waves where it beams bright colorful lights into the sky, but will not distract planes or anything. It would always put on a show with music and would have its water back. But make it so that kids cant go into it. Sort of make it a water fountain instead of a play area. Add some great scenery and I would be happy for the 50th, even if they dont add any ride to rocket rods. Even though in my opinion they should fix up rocket rods and make banked turns. If space mountain and all this were acomplished by the 50th it would make me actually believe that the management does care about something. But what am I talking about im just a joe shomoe:rolleyes:
You need rocket rods there it is critical for the overall look of tomorrowland with its excellent futuristic noise.:)

cryan71
08-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Maybe they can annex Tommorrowland into DCA, that way treating it like the red-headed stepchild would make sense.

TecTalker2K
08-14-2003, 09:28 AM
What makes sense is to stop spending money at WDW and spend it on the Flagship park. I hear they are getting some nice rides for our 50th.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Up go the Rocket Jets to their starry platform, while whiz go the new Monorail trains, bubbles intact. Whoosh go the new PeopleMover cars. Merrily the Carousel of Progress spins on its return from Florida. Zoom go the cameras past the CircleVision 360 vistas. Blurpity blurp goes the Nautilus on its shimmering Submarine Voyage.Here's an idea....how about something NEW in TOMORROWland!!!! For the last time, it isn't PASTland or OUTDATEDland or IDEA-OF-THE-FUTURE-AS-OF-THIRTY-FIVE-YEARS-AGOland.

Give us TOMORROWland. This is what Disneyland really, really, really deserves, not just on the 50th, but all of the time.

Disneyfreak
08-14-2003, 01:33 PM
How about we just copy the tomorrowland in WDW! Theres is wonderful with the rocket jets where they should be and so forth. The only thing we should have that they dont is the submarine voyage (UPDATED)

Tinkerbell737
08-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The joke was that the City needed a new logo ....... a Beige Dot.......and a new city motto....."Welcome to Irvine. Nothing ever happens here, and nothing ever will".

I am aching from laughter. I also live in the land of bland. Terra cotta and beige for me. :D

I agree that Tomorrowland should be rehabbed before it's totally distroyed. Maybe not white everywhere... but clean up what's there. Make good with the sponsors and get a new Star Tours film. Get rid of Innoventions (I have only been in there once and the kids I was with were so bored, we barely got through the first spiel).

The other night, the announcer on the train said as we were pulling into Tomorrowland "here you can ride Autopia, Star Tours, or look at a moon rock. Ooooh... a moon rock. No, seriously folks, go see the moon rock."

Then 2 people got off the train and 3 more got on. It goes to show how uninterested people are.

I agree with the letter writing campaign.... if we (the guests) stand together to say that we will boycott the park on a certain day or won't buy anything that will show them. Money is ALWAYS the bottom line... so you have to go directly to the lowest common denominator.

merlinjones
08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
>>Here's an idea....how about something NEW in TOMORROWland!!!! For the last time, it isn't PASTland or OUTDATEDland or IDEA-OF-THE-FUTURE-AS-OF-THIRTY-FIVE-YEARS-AGOland.<<

Great, but they can't seem to do that anymore. so maybe the best we could hope for is restoration at this point.

I mean a low budget wanna-be Jules Verne land is no improvement on Walt, nor is it futuristic.

Darkbeer
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
"No, seriously folks, go see the moon rock."

I guess the Railroad CM has not been talking to the AstroOrbitor CM's, as the Moon Rock is long gone, to cut a CM position, and save labor....:eek:

Cadaverous Pallor
08-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
I mean a low budget wanna-be Jules Verne land is no improvement on Walt, nor is it futuristic. I totally agree with you. The current incarnation is one big lame bomb that needs redoing.