PDA

View Full Version : Old Monorail Spiel

80S ERA
08-29-2001, 06:20 AM
Just came back from the park last night and I relized they were playing the old monorail spiel from the 70's and early 80's! It is the same voice that once said "Please use the service elevator to board the rocket jets platform." (or something like that) Anyone else notice or recognize that?

Anyways, it sure felt like old times as a child when I heard that. However, reality kicked in when I saw the unfortunate state of the monorail queue area. Its pathetic!!! :( :mad: All the paint is peeling off the walls, revealing the old light blue colors of old tomorrowland. I also noticed that even the brown-colored railings on the platform were chipped in some areas, showing light blue underneath, too.

Maybe guests are trying to bring back the old tomorrowland by peeling off all the paint? I made a wise-crack to my girlfriend, "Maybe if we peel off all the puke-brown paint off space mountain it will be white underneath?!?" :D

FantasmicFan82
08-29-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA
I made a wise-crack to my girlfriend, "Maybe if we peel off all the puke-brown paint off space mountain it will be white underneath?!?" :D

I dunno, i sort of like the puke-brown metallic color if it. if it were to be white againm they's have to keep it clean and looking white.