PDA

View Full Version : AP early entry into DCA and DL

MuckaMowie
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Just read about this on the Disneyland Resort AP website and wondered if anyone could tell me what kind of a crowd this produced at DCA early this morning? We plan on going to DL tomorrow, and wondered if it was worth being there early to take advantage of the passholder early entrance into DL on Sundays. Thoughts?

Ferb
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I think it will be very, very busy. End of the holiday season, vacations, MM and AP EE. But if you are going you may as well get there for the slowest time of the day, when the park opens.

LauraTD
01-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I was there this morning. It wasn't bad. It didn't stop people from being crazy about trying to get to RSR before anyone else but I opted to go on Luigi first and had the ride to myself and when I was done with that, there was a long but calm line going into RSR and I walked into single rider and kept walking all the way up to the loading area where there were only 6 people in front of me. The park didnt get crowded until about 10:30 and then it wasn't crazy. I was out of the parke from noon til 6 so I can't speak to peak hours, but early entry was totally worth it.

mkraemer
01-09-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm very happy that this is being offered to AP holders, even if I weren't staying onsite in March!!

Shortpix77
01-09-2013, 07:29 AM
We're going to try out AP early entry this weekend and see if the crowds have died down... still trying to decide whether Saturday or Sunday will be better. I typically think of Saturday as the more crowded day, but that isn't always true since the So-Cal APs are often blocked on Saturday and not on Sunday.

3Princesses1Prince
01-09-2013, 07:51 AM
We're going to try out AP early entry this weekend and see if the crowds have died down... still trying to decide whether Saturday or Sunday will be better. I typically think of Saturday as the more crowded day, but that isn't always true since the So-Cal APs are often blocked on Saturday and not on Sunday.

It also depends on what park you want to get into. DCA is Saturdays, and DL on Sundays right?

Shortpix77
01-09-2013, 08:11 AM
True, but we really don't care which park... we go often enough that I'd rather decide based on overall crowds because there's no one specific thing we'd be wanting to do (other than the Golden Horseshoe Revue, but we'll just head over there whenever DL opens for the day to get a ticket).

snoopyfink
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to offer up my experience with passholder early entry this past weekend. We went on Sunday, Feb. 10 for early entry into Disneyland from 7-8. Being locals, we arrived at the Mickey and Friends structure around 7 AM and were in line for Peter Pan by 7:20. The goal for the morning was to ride all the Fantasyland rides that we never want to wait more than 10 minutes for (as a married couple with no children) and we were able to do just that! Before 8 AM we rode Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Pinnochhio, Alice, Snow White and Dumbo with no more than a 5 minute wait for each. Once park opened, we did Buzz, Star Tours, Autopia and Matterhorn also all with no longer than 10 minute wai. It was a pain (for us at least) to get up at 5:30 to make it to the park so early, but it was absolutely worth it and a much-appreciated perk as passholders this year. We're not longtime passholders and are only doing it for this one year and went all-out with a Premium Pass as we can really only visit on weekends, so it's ideal for us. Definitely going to go on a Saturday before the offer ends to do DCA and hopefully get a few rides on Toy Story in with little wait. Anyone been for DCA early entry and have a good strategy? I was thinking of trying to get one ride in on Racers first thing, then maybe Maters or Luigi before going to Toy Story (where I'm hoping there would be little to no line since everyone else would be in Carsland).

jananafish
02-12-2013, 08:48 PM
^I would be interested in a strategy for EE at DCA too. I still haven't been to DCA since CarsLand opened :crying: but to DL many times (Premium AP holder) -- I just don't do well with really exceedingly long lines or intense crowds.

*I've been there during the Leap Year event and others, and yet can't bring myself to go to wait for RSR :|

LauraTD
02-13-2013, 05:16 AM
I was there for the first AP early entry weekend. If you get there right when they let people in and if you can use the single rider line I recommend going on Luigi first thing because it's a slow loading ride and like Peter Pan, it makes a huge difference if you can hit it first thing. Then go over to RSR and the SR line will still be really short, like 10 or 15 minutes max. Plus by this time everyone is calmly waiting in line and you avoid the whole running with the bulls scene. On my early entry day I rode Luigi all by myself while people were trying to herd into RSR then was able to get 3 rides on RSR in before park opening. If you want to ride Luigi first, and I highly recommend doing this, make sure to enter on the far left hand side. And by far left I mean don't have anyone to the left of you. People who are trying to get onto RSR will be pushing to get to the right hand side. It can get a bit crazy.

Mater doesn't really get busy so I wouldn't waste EE time going on it, or at least wait and do it on my way out of Carsland. The rest of the park will probably be walk ons except for maybe Toy Story which will be a pretty short wait. I don't do TSMM, but walked on to several rides after leaving CarsLand. So if unlike me you don't need three RSR rides in a row to start your day off right, you can do Luigi, RSR and then TSMM and then whatever else your heart desires.

stan4d_steph
02-13-2013, 07:22 AM
^I would be interested in a strategy for EE at DCA too. I still haven't been to DCA since CarsLand opened :crying: but to DL many times (Premium AP holder) -- I just don't do well with really exceedingly long lines or intense crowds.This thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?188337-What-s-your-strategy-for-the-Cars-Land-rides) in Trip Planning discusses Cars Land strategies.

jananafish
02-13-2013, 10:11 AM
This thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?188337-What-s-your-strategy-for-the-Cars-Land-rides) in Trip Planning discusses Cars Land strategies.

Thank you!!