PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial guide to Disneyland 2004

tstan70
08-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Has anyone read this yet? wondering if it has a lot of updates from the 2003 copy.

Lani
08-13-2003, 09:50 AM
No. But let me look into this for you.

RideMax Mark
08-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Is the book even out yet? Seems like I've seen a publication date of August 29th.

AVP
08-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I don't know if other retailers have received their yet - I can tell you that we still have not received ours.

AVP

experiment626
08-13-2003, 05:30 PM
My guess is no one has read it because it usually isn't even out until September or so.

GENERALLY speaking NO it won't change all that much, they will update it with any new information & remove outdated info. But they do not rewrite it each year, just makes necessary changes. And even then some of the information will be out dated by the time you get it because of the lag time between editing it and it being in store.

Anthony
08-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Hola,

Which book is the one to get for a good idea of waht DLR is all about? I am going on my first trip to DLR in mid October. I looked through the Birnbaums Guide last night at Borders, and it looked pretty lame. Kind of like an infomercial. Any tips on which book to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Anthony

tjrj
08-14-2003, 09:03 AM
I read the new editions of both Birnbaum's and "Unofficial" even when we won't be going to the Parks within the year. Kinda like an armchair vacation-yes I'm a Disney dork. I really prefer the "Unofficial" guide for it's more "real life" not 'toe the company line" verbage. However, I find that one can get a more indepth view of restaurants and hotel rooms from Birnbaum's and Kim Wright Wiley's books as well.

As for updates, I find that 'Unofficial" is pretty much the same from year to year unless there's been many new attractions added. Or, as in the case several years ago with a new Park(Animal Kingdom or DCA)

experiment626
08-14-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Anthony
Which book is the one to get for a good idea of waht DLR is all about? ...the Birnbaums Guide last night at Borders, and it looked pretty lame.
You pretty much have "the big two" the unofficial guide with a negative outlook or Birnaums "official guide" with the rose colored glasses out look. I prefer the offical guide. I find the unofficial guide to be a bit to negative.

sleepyjeff
08-15-2003, 07:06 PM
I buy both every year whether I am going to the Parks that year or not.

As for which one is better: Birnbaum is best when my next trip is not for a while. Unnoficial is best when the trip clock is counting down:)

mrfantasmic
08-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Wait... why havent I ever heard?

cstephens
08-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
You pretty much have "the big two" the unofficial guide with a negative outlook or Birnaums "official guide" with the rose colored glasses out look. I prefer the offical guide. I find the unofficial guide to be a bit to negative.

I'd say the best bet is to figure that someone in the middle is what one should expect. I figure that the official guide is of course going to go overboard on the positive, and an unofficial guide might be (but is not necessarily) a bit more negative. Personally, after browsing through Birnbaum's a few years ago, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Hmmm, that sounds like a fun outing. Browse through the recent one to see if it's still as bad as it was.