PDA

View Full Version : Tickets available now for Golden Horseshoe Dinner Show for Annual Passholders

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Disney just posted details of the special AP dinner shows for the return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue. This is the first of the Limited Time Magic offerings for the 2013 promotion. Tickets are on sale now by calling the AP hotline at (714) 781-7277

Golden Horseshoe Dinner Show for Annual Passholders

Inspired by the world-famous Frontierland show that Walt Disney himself began in 1955, A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue features a variety of songs and dance numbers from past productions and is an homage to fun-filled, family friendly musical entertainment.

This show enjoys a brief run at the Disneyland Park.

Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic
Annual Passholders have additional and exciting Limited Time Magic opportunities. And here's the first: the Golden Horseshoe Dinner Show for Annual Passholders.

Dinner Show Details
The evening performance (on select days) will be exclusively for Annual Passholders — and will feature special dishes inspired by the original show's menu.
Plus, at this event, Annual Passholders will receive a commemorative musical keepsake and souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug.
Event Schedule for Annual Passholders

January 10 through February 4, 2013
Thursdays through Mondays

Time

6:30 p.m. is the special Passholder performance

Prices

$35 per Passholder (ages 3 and older) per show
Separate Theme Park admission required
Includes tax

Book Dining Package

Please call (714) 781-PASS (7277)
Space is limited!
Once a dining package is purchased, the purchasing Annual Passholder will receive a confirmation email
Please print and bring your confirmation email to the Disneyland Park check-in location as identified in the email; With a valid confirmation email, each Passholder on the reservation will receive an event wristband upon presentation of their valid Passports

Admission

Separate theme park admission required.
For admission to the show, each Annual Passholder must have a valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport and event wristband. Valid photo ID may be required.
If needed, please also present a Blockout Day Ticket or valid ticket media. Blockout Day Tickets can be purchased at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance on the day of the event.
The Passholder performance of the Golden Horseshoe Revue will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Guests will not be allowed entry to the show after 6:30 p.m. and show tickets will be forfeited.

The Golden Horseshoe (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/golden-horseshoe/) in Disneyland Park

Menu

Starter: Corn chips in a souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug
Entrees: Black forest ham and roast beef sandwiches
Sides: Golden raisin and carrot salad, Yukon golden potato salad, Very Berry fruit salad
Children's Menu (available upon request): 2 PB&J sandwiches with sides
Vegetarian Option (available upon request): Vegetable and cheese sandwiches with sides
Beverages: Mint Julep, water, coffee
Dessert: Walt & Lilly's 30th Anniversary Celebration Cake

Limited Time Magic
Limited Time Magic (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/) will bring fanciful experiences, big and small, to Guests at the Disneyland Resort throughout 2013. Each experience will appear briefly and then… disappear.

Learn about more Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/limited-time-magic-for-passholders/) throughout the year.

Additional Information

Limit eight (8) Annual Passholders per dining package reservation (ages 3 and older), per show.
Separate dinner and commemorative gift will not be provided to Guests under the age of 3.
Guests must be at least 18 years old to call and book a dining package.
Dining package purchases are nonrefundable. Reservations may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and are only valid for admission to the show date and time specified in the associated confirmation email.
Information and shows are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
Menu items subject to change without notice.

houseofmouse
01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
35.00 for Fritos, fruit salad and a Sandwich??

lurkyloo
01-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Whaddo we punch when we call that number? I hit 0 and now I've been on hold for 15 minutes...

bennette
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
35.00 for Fritos, fruit salad and a Sandwich??

That's Fritos in a souvenir cup, missy!

lurkyloo
01-02-2013, 03:37 PM
OK, the guy who finally answered was able to take my reservation. $35 Fritos, here I come!!!

abkb76
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I was on hold for 25 minutes and got my reservations for next Friday. I'm so excited, I never saw the original when I was younger!

houseofmouse
01-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Lol! My bad, my bad. :)

Shortpix77
01-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Bwahaha :-) Truth. I'm with houseofmouse, this isn't seeming worth the money to me. I'm excited to see the (free) show though!

olegc
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
i guess it also depends on where your seats are. If the mug is glass - that's 15 retail right there. maybe almost 20 these days at the park. and a lunch (sorry, sandwiches are a lunch) is 10 retail - so there you have it.

bennette
01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
i guess it also depends on where your seats are. If the mug is glass - that's 15 retail right there. maybe almost 20 these days at the park. and a lunch (sorry, sandwiches are a lunch) is 10 retail - so there you have it.

I think it also depends on whether you are the type to pay fifteen dollars for junk a glass boot!

houseofmouse
01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
For me it's still a no. Doubtful the boot is glass. I can get a sandwich that is 7 inches and loaded at Which Wich for 5.45 and a 6 inch sub at Subway the way I want it for the same. Even at Gunther Toody's my sandwich is only 7.00. Where on earth do you eat 10.00 sandwiches?

bennette
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Where on earth do you eat 10.00 sandwiches?

Disneyland!

olegc
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Where on earth do you eat 10.00 sandwiches?

Disneyland!

Exactly - especially when a large portion of the menus at some of the dining locations are sandwiches. Look - I never said it was such a great deal you should go and do it. All I am saying how possibly Disney would justify the cost. That's all.

Sophie832
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
i guess it also depends on where your seats are.

And where exactly are they? No mention of that in the announcement. Is this special, reserved seating up front? Or is it a whole show just for APs, so we'll be packed in and there's no guarantee of where we'll be sitting. $35 would be fine for me if I knew I'd have a nice seat for the show. The mug is also a bonus. The food is nothing to write home about, but most Disneyland food isn't.

moofeet
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Wow. is it me or is Disney is really getting shameless with their money grubbing with these "special events"?

spectromen
01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Yikes - now that some of you are saying the boot may not be glass, I'm doubting this call I've been on hold with for 15 mins so far!

:|

olegc
01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
you can view it that way - but I am sure if you asked someone to look at the business possibility that if the public pays then go ahead and charge. Only if the public does not pay would they discontinue something. Notice I did not say make it free - they just would not offer it. This whole LTM marketing program will be interesting to follow this year.

olegc
01-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Yikes - now that some of you are saying the boot may not be glass, I'm doubting this call I've been on hold with for 15 mins so far!

:|
I, and others before me, look at it this way. If you really want to go, and experience this event with what is offered, then pay the money and be satisfied that you will have a certain experience. If you have questions, ask them. If you have doubts, don't buy it. I am still on the fence so if I wait anymore it may be sold out - but that's because of my actions. You can use our comments as input - but I would not say we all know exactly what the event will or will not be. What if someone REALLY REALLY likes roast beef sandwiches and potato salad? should they not go because a larger group here says so? that it's not worth it? those are opinions - so read them all and then make the call (or not) - and have no regrets.

houseofmouse
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Disneyland!

Haha, you got me there!! That is true. Although now when I want a sandwich I am going to The Earl!!
To see a free show I just can't imagine paying that price per person just to get some food. I mean there are a TON Of AP'ers out there. :) I am betting it will be a very crowded full house.

cstephens
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Wow. is it me or is Disney is really getting shameless with their money grubbing with these "special events"?

"money grubbing". Well, I guess you can say that about anything, but last I checked, Disney *is* in the business of making money. And, no one is forced to pay this money to see the show. People can just go and try to get a ticket to any of the other show times. It's only the 6:30 show each night that's reserved for the AP dining package. It also sounds like the normal shows are on a first come, first available basis, so since the theatre isn't that big, it's possible someone might get to the theatre and have them be sold out. Buying the AP dining package guarantees entrance to a particular show. The food and the souvenirs are pretty incidental, in my view.

When I first heard about this, it wasn't something that immediately caught my attention. I don't have any memory of the Golden Horseshoe Show, so there's no nostalgia factor for me. Left to my own devices, I probably wouldn't attend. But a friend graciously offered to organize an outing for a group, and the husband was interested, so we're going. I'm curious to see what it'll be like, and it'll be a fun night out with friends regardless.

To me, this dining package isn't any different than the Fantasmic dessert seating, or the World of Color Fastpasses that are available for dining in certain restaurants, or the dining packages that have been offered in the past for Candlelight. Any of those events can be seen without paying more than simply having park admission. Those willing to pay more can enjoy a few more benefits.

I'm actually hoping it's not glass. That would be a lot more unwieldy to manage. I loved the old plastic mugs at Big Thunder BBQ. I'm kinda hoping the mug is more like those.

dban3
01-03-2013, 11:40 AM
you can view it that way - but I am sure if you asked someone to look at the business possibility that if the public pays then go ahead and charge. Only if the public does not pay would they discontinue something. Notice I did not say make it free - they just would not offer it. This whole LTM marketing program will be interesting to follow this year.

Here would be my thought. As the Limited Time Magic events continue throughout the year, many will have additional charges attached whether that be through special merchandising or privilege packages (like the Golden Horseshoe Show). Disney is looking to extract additional revenue from its park guests (espcecially targeting APs). As an AP who is not local, my trips to DLR are for mutiple days at a time and I work within a budget. If I wanted to see the Golden Horseshoe Shoe with my wife (which I don't - I want Billy back) I would look at back at what could be substituted - i.e. the Golden Horseshow Show would be an even substitution for a lunch at the Blue Bayou. Is there a ceiling on what fans are willing to pay? In my case yes. But if the answer is no, paid events and price increases will continue. Bob Iger has said as much with his "price elacticity" comments.

cstephens
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
If I wanted to see the Golden Horseshoe Shoe with my wife (which I don't - I want Billy back)

OT: I was thinking that about the Billys too. I looked at the schedule, though, and it looks like the Billys are in the Golden Horseshoe on Tuesday and Wednesday, at least in the two weeks in January that I looked at. On the weekends, they're back at the Jamboree, but that might be temporary because of the Show being in the venue.

Liar
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
As I get older, I'm more willing to pay money for a guarantee that I'll see the show. I feel that $35 for not having to wait in a long line (with the risk of not getting a seat) plus dinner is worth it, even though it strains my budget a bit.

For those complaining about the money, remember that the bulk of the shows are free. Disney could have charged for all of them instead of reserving one a day for lazy, money-slinging folks like me.

FWIW, I have many fond memories of this show from when I was a kid. I just hope that they got someone good to take Wally Boag's part (is Steve Martin doing anything these days?)

cstephens
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
(is Steve Martin doing anything these days?)

He seems to be pretty focussed on his music. He does gigs with a band and has an album due out with Edie Brickell.

houseofmouse
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Wow, Steve Martin has a band?? :)

I have memories of being forced into the show as a kid when I was with my parents. I have the soundtrack on my Disney CD's and now enjoy listening to it. Would I want to sit through the show? I am not sure. If I paid for it then I would feel obligated to. If I just tried to catch it, which I won't be able to, and got bored, I could quietly leave.