PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time Magic initial announcements [Thoughts on theme]

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
12-28-2012, 08:43 AM
The Disney web page listing the first events is up. Check is out HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/).

After seeing the first two initial events, it came to me that actually this model is no different than what Disneyland has been doing for the last two years with the Family Fun Weekends and the Passholder days. It does expand the schedule to be broader and through the year. It just seems that Disney has learned very well the art of repackaging and renaming existing offerings to make them feel new and different. I love the events - but now I feel its just a "new and improved" instead of "brand new". Oh, there are truly new things (Golden Horseshoe) so I hope we get a lot more of those - but I wonder....

TTFN92
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
We'll get to see the Golden Horseshoe show, if my boys will let us go in it. Wonder what the hat will be? Someone post a pic when they come out.

lola2009
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Excited to see the new ear hats and headbands they will be releasing every month.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I am super excited that we will be there during the Golden Horseshoe show!

TTFN92
01-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Someone needs to post a pic of the hat for Jan :).

olegc
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
update on the disney blog - here is it copied...
" UPDATE 1/2/13:

To reserve a seat for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue,” guests should visit the podium at the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe on the date of their selected performance. A cast member will issue a ticket for the preferred show time, based on availability, which the guest will use for admission to the show. It is similar to the process that was used during the original run of the “Golden Horseshoe Revue.”

Disneyland APs – we’ve got a special opportunity for you! Please check back to learn about a special Golden Horseshoe dinner package."

Mistyj
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
The AP dinner packages are available for booking now. Call 714-781-7277 (PASS) to make a reservation. $35 per passholder. The dinner show is at 6:30 pm

Link is here: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/golden-horseshoe-review-dinner/

TTFN92
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Has anyone seen the hats yet?

houseofmouse
01-05-2013, 08:59 AM
The Disney Blog had a picture of them up yesterday. They are old fashioned looking and pretty cute. No price was listed.

cstephens
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
The Disney Blog had a picture of them up yesterday. They are old fashioned looking and pretty cute. No price was listed.

As I recall, they did mention in the comments what the prices were because someone asked, but I don't remember what the prices were.

houseofmouse
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Here is the text from the blog. I don't see prices. So maybe it was a different article with prices?

Over the holidays, we shared our first updates on what to expect with “Limited Time Magic” at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, including the announcement that 2013 is the “Year of the Ear” at both parks. Today, there’s more to share – a first look at January’s limited release Disney Couture Ear Hats.

Every month, Disney Parks will offer new ear hats to add to your collection as part of “Limited Time Magic.” January will start with five new Ear Hats. Which one is your favorite?

We’ll be posting “Limited Time Magic” updates on Fridays during 2013 so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog to find out what’s coming to the parks. You can also find updates on Twitter using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic and on our limitedtimemagic.com web page.

3Princesses1Prince
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Hom it is in the comments. Looks like $24.95

houseofmouse
01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Hom it is in the comments. Looks like $24.95

LOL! Thanks! I never read the comments! :)

TTFN92
01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for directing me to the pics. Can't say I'm a fan of any of them. Just not my style. The only one that remotely interests me is the felt one but will probably pass.

olegc
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
there will be different styles all year long.

TTFN92
01-06-2013, 12:40 PM
there will be different styles all year long.
We won't be there again this year though :(.

olegc
01-06-2013, 02:56 PM
We won't be there again this year though :(.

There's always DelivEARS or Mouseshoppe!

LLevy
01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
update on the disney blog - here is it copied...
" UPDATE 1/2/13:

To reserve a seat for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue,” guests should visit the podium at the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe on the date of their selected performance. A cast member will issue a ticket for the preferred show time, based on availability, which the guest will use for admission to the show. It is similar to the process that was used during the original run of the “Golden Horseshoe Revue.”

Disneyland APs – we’ve got a special opportunity for you! Please check back to learn about a special Golden Horseshoe dinner package."

so it is open during the day for "walk-ups"? do you need to reserve in advance if you are not an AP? it isn't clear on the official disneyland site.

LL

cstephens
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
so it is open during the day for "walk-ups"? do you need to reserve in advance if you are not an AP? it isn't clear on the official disneyland site.

LL

The only show reserved for APs is the 6:30 show, which includes dinner and some souvenirs. Otherwise, the shows are available to anyone. From the description, it sounds like how they used to do Aladdin at DCA - go to the podium and depending what shows are available, they'll give you a ticket that sort of looks like a Fastpass, for the show you'll be attending. Of course, more showtimes would probably be available earlier in the day than later, because some are bound to sell out.

fairestoneofall
01-08-2013, 04:49 AM
I was able to add to the 6:30 show on the 27th when I called yesterday afternoon. So, as of then, they weren't sold out.

olegc
01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
The second LTM event was posted - but not yet announced (maybe later today Friday 1/11). As expected - the Mardi Gras and Bayou Bash with Princess Tiana and Louis the Alligator. Weekends starting Jan 18th until Feb 12th. So - same stuff as last year - but branded with the LTM marker. THe only info for now is on the LTM Site HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/?CMP=SOC-DPFY13Q2LimitedTimeMagicContinuesWithAWinterWonder land000111-01-13). I guess more will come on the Blog.

That's a minor complaint I kind of do have. They created a formal website to have all of the events posted - and yet the detailed info is on the blog. As well - the updates that come are not in a current posting but in the same blog page as the original announcement. So - if its been 2 days, the blog page concerning the event (in this case Golden Horshoe) was already on the "olders" side of the content. The main LTM page does not even link you to more detailed information. I guess this is because each park is handling the details - but I don't know for sure.

yes, updates come via Twitter (and facebook) and I do get those - but I'm thinking about folks who may not use those avenues. Just not very good overall coverage of the audiences and expectations that if you don't have twitter then you'd better go get it seem, to me at least, a little presumptuous.

olegc
01-11-2013, 09:14 AM
and here it is - on the blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/limited-time-magic-continues-at-the-disneyland-resort-with-new-orleans-bayou-bash/)

racccoon
01-14-2013, 08:38 AM
They do have a facebook page. Maybe that would be the place to hear about up to the latest details. But it covers both parks. So you would have to filter just DL info.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Limited-Time-Magic/379162715509280

DesertWorshipGuy
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Alright,

So I know we are only just about month into 2013 and into the Limited Time events, but I'm going to say that I'm not overly impressed so far. What's everyone's opinion? What are you hoping/dreaming that they do this year for Limited Time?

moofeet
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
They're expensive.