PDA

View Full Version : Buying limited edition pins - help please!

IndianaJenn
08-12-2003, 12:42 PM
I understand that Thursday Disneyland will be releasing some new Haunted Mansion pins. I have a friend on the east coast that asked me to swing by the park and pick them up for him. Since I have never done that before on the morning of a pin release, are there any pointers anyone can give about how to make sure I get them before they sell out?

Thanks for the help!

AVP
08-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by IndianaJenn
...are there any pointers anyone can give about how to make sure I get them before they sell out? Do you own a sleeping bag? :cool:

In general, LE pins are available at least the entire day they are released, so it's normally not something you need to prepare for.

However, these pins are expected to be especially popular, as there are at least two different groups of collectors that *must* have them.

Disneyland will be distributing wristbands at 7am Thursday morning. With a wristband, you have until 1pm Thursday to buy up to two each of the new LE pins. After 1pm, any unsold pins will be released to people without wristbands.

You can not arrive at the resort before 6am to wait in line for the wristband. There will be at least 100 people there at 6, and probably a huge line by 7.

Personally, I'm not getting there before 8. I also promised a friend back east that I would get him one set, with the caveat that I was not waiting in the 6am line.

I think that you should plan to be there no later than 8:30 or 9 to get a wristband. It might even be earlier than that - it's tough to tell.

Good luck!

AVP

IndianaJenn
08-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks AVP! Although I'm guessing I will see the line when I get there, I'm assuming it's near the front entrance?

AVP
08-12-2003, 03:19 PM
They have been handing the wristbands out near the picnic area.

AVP