PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival

GrumpyGoofyGuy
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Any news? I know they didn't have it 2011 or 2012 due to the construction and there's been some reports there won't be one until 2014. That is very disappointing since everything seems to be right for doing it in 2013.

dban3
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Any news? I know they didn't have it 2011 or 2012 due to the construction and there's been some reports there won't be one until 2014. That is very disappointing since everything seems to be right for doing it in 2013.

There was some speculation on a few sites that it might not come back at all. Unlike the WDW Food & Wine Festival that draws people from all over and spend serious dollars in resort stays, the DCA version primarily drew from local annual passholders who picked and choosed their events rather than prolonged resort visits. It just wasn't as profitable for Disney as the WDW version. There is also an issue that some of area that was used for the DCA F&W Festival is now allocated for the street parties (first ElecTRONica, now Mad T. Party). That being said, if the F&W Festival did come back, I'm there. I thought the event was lots of fun and really brought something unique and different to a Disneyland visit. I hope it comes back at some point.

lilfaeriebrat
12-27-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm hoping they make some kind of announcement about this soon because this will decide what level of AP I get this year. My weekends will be busy with wedding plans but if F&W comes back then I'll gladly take some much needed R&R at DCA listening to various chefs and sampling some yummy wines.

olegc
12-27-2012, 08:54 AM
the fact that Carthay Circle restaurant is there means more of a showcase for foodies to come to - BUT - I doubt it will happen this year. The park is still experiencing excellent draw without worrying about needing another event to bring people in. As well - Limited Time Magic may take up the staff's attention for their weekly shifts in focus on available events.

Drince88
12-27-2012, 08:55 PM
But wouldn't the F&W fest be a good Limited Time event?

olegc
12-27-2012, 10:20 PM
But wouldn't the F&W fest be a good Limited Time event?

Its tough to answer that since a) limited time events were implied to be a themed week - and that's it and b) the F&W is usually a month long or more, and requires a LOT of advanced sales of spots for certain events in order to ensure there is enough interest for the guest chefs who come (and the courses being taught at the Hotel or Napa Rose).

It could be done - but I'm assuming the LTM events are shorter in duration to capture immediacy and the feeling of "i need to get there NOW". Of course, if it works will be another story. I like F&W a lot - but I am not holding out hope for it.