PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/dinner question

PXSgeek
08-11-2003, 09:39 PM
im going to disneyland tommorow, i know about the dinner on the gallerys balcony but is there any other restaurant where i can get dinner AND watch fantasmic...the situation is i need to be out of the park by 10, and i wanna get fantasmic, believe and a nice dinner in...most preferably clam chowder;)
how early would i have to be there? reservations? HELP!:eek:

thanks!

Ghoulish Delight
08-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Actually, the balcony is a desert buffet, not dinner. You might get a view from the River Belle Terrace dining area, but I wouldn't know how early that starts to fill up.

stan4d_steph
08-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Actually, the balcony is a desert buffet, not dinner. You might get a view from the River Belle Terrace dining area, but I wouldn't know how early that starts to fill up.

Yes, there are cacti and tumbleweeds and scorpions...

Oh wait, you meant dessert buffet. My bad. :p

PXSgeek
08-12-2003, 03:15 PM
aaaallright, i hear showing up at 8 at the river bell terrace is a good time to get a spot with a good view for fantasmic, can anyone confirm this?...ill check this thread later tonight, thats 7 hours! AAHHH!!

Disneyland: The busiest place on earth

Niwel
08-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
You might get a view from the River Belle Terrace dining area, but I wouldn't know how early that starts to fill up.

As someone who worked Fantasmic, I have to warn you that if you do choose to sit at River Belle it might not be the best vantage point. If you sit in the area near the restaurant entrance, you are seperated by the Rivers of America by both a walkway (full of people who say they are walking but really end up stopping right in front of you) and a large group of standing people that might or might not affect your view of the screens and floats. If you can get a spot on the River Belle balcony (the area next to the walkway between River Belle and Pirates) you might get a better view.

It does fill up early -- some people stake their claim and rotate family members over the course of the afternoon/early evening.

Good luck!

Pirate33
08-18-2003, 09:10 AM
What are the options for paid seating? How do you arrange for those? Can you arrange in advance?

Captain Josh
08-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Pirate33
What are the options for paid seating? How do you arrange for those? Can you arrange in advance?

From what the Information Booth lady told me, the Gallery reserved buffet is available at Guest Relations, or at this phone number: (714) 781-4400

There is also "ticketed" seating roped off the river's edge near the Haunted Mansion. I don't know the particulars, but I THINK you can pay up front there. For either of the seatings, it costs $47.