PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Christmas Parade [music]

rgoofy
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
We Love Disneyland at Christmastime and have gone last two years in a row and a few occasional before that. Didn't the Christmas Parade include a mixture of traditional Christmas Carols in years past. Their theme song gets a bit monotonous after awhile.

Disneylandfanguy
12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
While the melody is the same, the parade's theme song lyrics are different with each unit of the parade, and there are also different musical sections depending on the unit. For example, for the "winter wonderland" unit, there is the instrumental of "Sleigh Ride" and for the "Toy factory" unit there is the "Toyland" instrumental. And there are indeed Christmas Carols for the finale "Seven Dwarfs/Santa Claus unit.

adriennek
12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
We Love Disneyland at Christmastime and have gone last two years in a row and a few occasional before that. Didn't the Christmas Parade include a mixture of traditional Christmas Carols in years past. Their theme song gets a bit monotonous after awhile.

Nope.

We have a joke amongst our Disney friends "ONE MORE TIME!" every time the song "ends." Someone commented the other day that the she likes the old reindeer better (ME TOO!) and another friend chimed in "ONE MORE TIME!" ;)

tea4two
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Add us to the fan list for the old reindeer!

cstephens
12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
We have a joke amongst our Disney friends "ONE MORE TIME!" every time the song "ends." Someone commented the other day that the she likes the old reindeer better (ME TOO!) and another friend chimed in "ONE MORE TIME!" ;)

I don't mind the new reindeer, but I really don't care for the new snowflakes. The previous ones were WAY better.

bennette
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
but I really don't care for the new snowflakes.

They look cheap? Not like snowflakes? I can't decide.

cstephens
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
They look cheap? Not like snowflakes? I can't decide.

Snowflakes themselves aren't as pretty. Girls' costumes aren't nearly as cute.

THpoohbear
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
AGREED on the new snowflakes! They used to be so pretty. I don't remember new reindeer, are they new to this year? This parade has become almost as dear to me as the MSEP. I'm so sad to miss it this year, endlessly repeating song and all. :)