PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Holiday 03 spoiler warning

Scalper10
08-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Haunted Mansion Holiday 03 info up at LP (http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10017350.asp)

New Ending added this year.

Tinkerbell737
08-11-2003, 01:24 PM
The report says that the soundtrack is by Danny Elfman... is this new for this year, or a typo?

Disney shunned both Danny Elfman and Tim Burton by not including them in the process... although the music and visual aspects are based on the movie.

CarlieB
08-11-2003, 01:54 PM
It sounds cool:) This will be my first time seeing HMH and I can't wait:D

Tinkerbell737
08-11-2003, 02:54 PM
CarlieB,

You'll love it! It's so fun to see the Mansion look different PLUS all the Nightmare stuff is done so well! :)

This year is the movie's 10th anniversary, so I was wondering if they were going to do something special.

CarlieB
08-11-2003, 03:05 PM
You'll love it! It's so fun to see the Mansion look different PLUS all the Nightmare stuff is done so well!

Okay, stop now - I've still got to wait 3 months, and I don't think I can :D

I love the movie, so I'm really looking forward to the ride and checking out all the details, since it sounds like it's really well-themed.

Grrrr...if only it was November now....

hbquikcomjamesl
08-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Personally, I thought HMH was as big of a disappointment as SuperStar Lemon or the Mission Tortilla Fiasco (or El Desperdicio de Tiempo in Epcot Mexico). But mine seems to be a minority opinion.

cujosr
08-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tinkerbell737
The report says that the soundtrack is by Danny Elfman... is this new for this year, or a typo?

Disney shunned both Danny Elfman and Tim Burton by not including them in the process... although the music and visual aspects are based on the movie. The Danny Elfman music was added last year. Apparently they are both over it because for the two years HMH has been open they both have done an opening dinner and preview for guests with large pockets including autograph signing.

olegc
08-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Um - unless it's been a secret neither Elfman nor Burton has ever appeared at the HMH preview events dinners. I can't speak for the $3K package inside the mansion and all that - but I know that it's been a big dissapointment the last two years when neither of them showed...

Ghoulish Delight
08-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Last year they added Elfman's music, however they re-recorded it and did not consult Elfman at all for the arrangement. And it didn't turn out as well as one might have hoped.

Given my druthers, I'd like to see Elfman go in there and custom score the ride. However, given the choice between the custom done music from the first year vs. the squeezed in Elfman music from last, I'll take the former.

Tinkerbell737
08-12-2003, 08:07 AM
hbquikcomjamesl - I am sorry that you were disappointed. Too many spoilers perhaps? Knowing TOO much ahead of time is always to your detriment.

Myself, I had no expectations and am a big Haunted Mansion fan, anyway, so I had a blast.

I enjoyed it enough to consider paying for the extra events, but so far they seem to be very disappointing (with the exception of the $3,000 per plate dinner) so I have skipped it.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Actually, I had few spoilers, and (having not seen the film) few preconceived notions. It just, to me, didn't live up to the hype, and certainly wasn't worth the wait.

SoCalDisneyLover
08-12-2003, 07:17 PM
I'd consider the $3,000 a plate dinner, if they took away at least 1 Zero in that price.