PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the cats?

Pages : [1] 2

disneylandgirl
12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello! I haven't been on in quite some time. I've been to DLR 4 times this year and have not seen ANY cats! I used to be able to go back behind Hungry Bear - almost every time I've gone there over the years I've been able to spot a kitty (maybe even pet one!). But I have not seen any for awhile. Am I just missing them?

newhdplayer
12-05-2012, 12:39 PM
never mind

houseofmouse
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I have only seen cats one time. We saw one on night run behind the tram on the way to Mickey and Friends as well. I think they have learned to hide pretty well. I have heard there are some in DCA too but have never seen any.

tea4two
12-05-2012, 02:36 PM
We see them, but not as often as we used to. Along the tram line is one place we usually spot one or two.

Shortpix77
12-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I've only had two "Disney cat" sightings, so I think houseofmouse is right in that they hide most of the time... I saw one along the fence while on the tram, and the other sighting (my favorite) was on the Storybook Land boats, we saw one climbing down the model of the castle. It then squeezed into a hole in the hill near the bottom of the castle and went out of sight.

tea4two
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
We have more sightings when the weather is warm. The cats like sunny, but not too hot, spots, so late afternoon by the tram or on the rocks (love it when we see one on Storybook Land, the rocks by Taste Pilots Grill, or on the cement in the unused tram lines) is a good time to look.

cstephens
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
There were one or two that hung out in the outside area of Whitewater, but I haven't been over there in a while.

Malcon10t
12-05-2012, 05:57 PM
We saw 2-3 on our last trip in Nov.

Teddi
12-05-2012, 06:04 PM
The only area I've seen the cats in DCA is by Whitewater/Redwood Trails area.

tea4two
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
There were one or two that hung out in the outside area of Whitewater, but I haven't been over there in a while.

A CM told us that the best times to catch the cats there is at breakfast and dinner.

SigalTchelet
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM

I've seen one there too.

Ferb
12-05-2012, 07:25 PM
There are feed and water stations around the parks for the cats. It's possible there was one near Hungry Bear that has been relocated or removed. Ask a Cast Member if any are nearby, they may be able to point them if there is.

TTFN92
12-05-2012, 09:35 PM
One time we saw one laying up on the rocks at the entrance to Condor Flats. It was a fairly big cat and the way it was laying looked like a mountain lion with the setting it was in.

ImDMous
12-06-2012, 07:10 AM
We saw a huge fluffy one lounging on the rocks behind the grape vines near Blue Sky one evening. Maybe it was the same one TTFN saw? He was big!

Sleeping Beauty's mom
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
We saw a huge fluffy one lounging on the rocks behind the grape vines near Blue Sky one evening. Maybe it was the same one TTFN saw? He was big!
this is the one that dd and I usually see, refer to him/her as mountain lion cat. Last him last month, and one cat when we coming on the M/F tram.

DisneyFanKat
12-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I saw the mountain lion kitty not too long ago as well... Rocks at the Condor Flats entrance too. Saw one by Hungry Bear fairly recently too.

dhcloud
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I still remember the first time I saw one. I was sitting on the stone benches on the wall near the bathrooms next to Alice. Behind is all the trees that separate the wishing well area, I heard a noise and turned around to see a kitten coming down the hill, once it saw me notice it, it ran back up. We always look there whenever we stop at those bathrooms.

Pammer
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
We used to see the calico mommy kitty between Taste Pilots Grill and the old Zephyr, but haven't since they took it out. Sometimes you might see one around the Rivers of America (especially behind the Hungry Bear Restaurant) when you ride either the Mark Twain or the Columbia too; once we saw one sunning itself as we were approaching the dock!

DaDuckFan1955
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Pammer, we saw one as we drifted by Hungry Bear on the Columbia, cleaning it's paws after eating a.......?wont say it in case lil kids are on.

Pammer
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
pammer, we saw one as we drifted by hungry bear on the columbia, cleaning it's paws after eating a.......?wont say it in case lil kids are on.

lol!

eabaldwin
12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I have never seen a cat at DL, although honestly I have never actually looked for them. Today, I saw one as I was walking back to Mickey and Friends! It ran across the street and was heading into the tram road. If I hadn't seen this thread, I might never have noticed!

I'm assuming they (Disney) keep them around to help with rodents. Does anyone know for sure why they feed/keep them?

ETA: It was around 11am when I was heading back to Mickey and Friends and saw the cat.

MidwayManiac
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
fwiw, our most luck seeing the cats occurs between about 7:30 and 7:50 am on the tram heading from Mickey & Friends to the resort. Once you travel under Disneyland Drive and turn 90 degrees right, you're parallel to DL Drive which is on your right. On your left is Disneyland Park, separated from the world by a fence that extends all the way up the tram road to the loading area.
At that early hour we occasionally see cats - usually in pairs or threes - coming out from the fenceline. It's a real kick in the pants for the kids to spot 'em since it happens less often than not.

tea4two
12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Here is some info on the cats (see #2 "the cats own the night"): http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-01/living/ten.secrets.disney.mf_1_splash-mountain-disneyland-disney-spokesperson?_s=PM:LIVING

JunJunM3
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I've had multiple sightings of the DLR cats. I've seen them several times while on the Twain/Columbia during the last bend as you pass the Indian Village. They were lounging in that area around the Mtn. Lion and the Dock. I've seen them also at the rocky hill area across Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA.

Mom2
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
We have seen them recently along the walking pathways from the parking structure to Disneyland. We have also seen them while taking the tram. We always loved seeing the cats, often if you wait until after park closes (while the stores remain open) you can see them around Mainstreet in the bushes and plants near Walt.