PDA

View Full Version : All IDs Checked Now [for anything but one day tickets]

Pages : [1] 2

V.I.N.CENT.
11-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Only here for three days this time, they are now checking ID's for all adults entering the park. My wife almost forgot hers, good thing she did not. Entering the park yesterday afternoon, there was a very angry woman waiting by the turnstile, she went back to a hotel and left her ID in the park with her husband. Had to wait for him to make his way back with her ID so she could enter.

Got to be a better way. Our entry line was really backed up the first morning over an ID issue...

jananafish
11-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Is that for APs too or just tickets?

I always carry my ID on my person so it wouldn't be a problem for me, but I do have a very forgetful friend who has managed to leave without her ID/license every time we've gone out :rolleyes: So we've had to just go home....I think I'd strangle her if she forgot to take her ID to DL hahah

Pirate Girl
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
They didn't check ours yesterday, but everyone entering the park had a 1 day ticket or AP.

I still think they should just attach pictures to every ticket, especially with the ability to use Photopass pictures. Just require that everyone get their picture taken at some point on their first day of usage. They could even stage a couple of photographers just inside the park near a plain background just for head shots. Don't bother for 1 day tickets, and if the person chooses to upgrade their ticket they must show ID matching the name on the ticket, and get their picture taken on the second day. Simple.

On the other hand, you reap what you sow... if there weren't so many people trying to get around buying their tickets through legitimate channels, we wouldn't get stuck in long lines digging out our IDs. The next time someone asks you where to get void tickets, tell them off! They are driving ALL of our ticket prices up!

sjhanksaz
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Didn't AZ make people mad when they asked people to bring an ID to vote?

I think it would save time and hassle for Disney to add the finger print scanners like many of the other parks including Disneyworld.

tea4two
11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I think it was mentioned in an article on another board that by putting in the biometric scanners, DL would actually lose turnstiles because of the extra space needed, thus creating even longer lines. DLR has said recently that they will not be putting in the finger scanners. All reports indicate that they are planning to install RFID technology at the gates.

And as long as the photos come up on the monitor, I don't think they will ask APs for i.d., at least not for now.

Coconut Pete
11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Definitely very interesting. Hopefully they can iron out the kinks soon.

ChurroGirl
11-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Dh and I have been here since Sunday, we have AP's but have noticed that people with 3-Day Hoppers or more, they are being required to show ID and having their hands stamped. With the hand-stamp I have noticed that is everyone without an AP.

Having everyone check ID's and hands, it is taking alot longer to get into the Park.

disneyobsessed
11-29-2012, 06:07 AM
We were there last week. CMs were stationed throughout the esplanade near the lines periodically shouting that anyone with 2 day or longer tickets would need to show ID at entry.

pcrazy99
11-29-2012, 06:18 AM
Don't care since i don't carry my id or money in the park. I don't make in park purchases and my picture shows up when my ap is scanned. I can deal with the lines. There are lines for everything at Disneyland anyway.

candles71
11-29-2012, 07:19 AM
As we were leaving last December, the Photopass computer was down (i had tried to get a picture) for several hours. Down so bad that pictures were not popping up at the gate and they were checking IDs with APs, so carrying your ID would still be a good idea.

freckles
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
I was there on Thanksgiving and around 2ish the line to leave the park was longer then the line to enter the park due to everyone getting there hand stamped. Granted there was only 10 people ahead of me to enter and about 30 to 40 peolpe lined up to exit.

adriennek
11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I was always told that in the State of California, above a certain age, you're required to carry your ID with you.

Frankly, outside of the hassle of slowing down the lines a bit, I don't see the big deal in having to remember your ID. Slip it in your lanyard pocket, keep it in your wallet. You need SOMETHING to carry your tickets with you - and, potentially, cash, credit card, fast pass tickets, hotel keys - how hard is it to keep your ID in there, too?

If you can't remember your ID, that's on YOU, not Disney.

ETA: That "You" is a general, society at large issue, directed at no one in particular on this thread, just soapboxing.

Pirate Girl
11-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Frankly, outside of the hassle of slowing down the lines a bit, I don't see the big deal in having to remember your ID. Slip it in your lanyard pocket, keep it in your wallet. You need SOMETHING to carry your tickets with you - and, potentially, cash, credit card, fast pass tickets, hotel keys - how hard is it to keep your ID in there, too?

When I worked Guest Relations, it shocked me how many people don't carry an ID (something I always have with me). We had to check ID for most interactions involving tickets, and I usually asked for it when making reservations etc because it was simpler than having someone sound out their name for me in a loud echoing room.

It's not required in the state of CA, but it is a good idea to have your ID. Disney checks ID's for a multitude of other reasons, the most common is credit card use. And I'm going out on a limb here, but what if you passed out alone in the park?

DaDuckFan1955
11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
How do all these whiners get to the Disneyland Area/Motels without an ID? I don't think they all walk do they? you need an ID to check in to your Hotel, Airlines require ID, Trains require ID, you NEED an ID to drive right? You need an ID to buy meals unless you use cash in the park? WELL DUH People, use that brain in your head, YOU ARE the problem, not DISNEY!

3Princesses1Prince
11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
How do all these whiners get to the Disneyland Area/Motels without an ID? I don't think they all walk do they? you need an ID to check in to your Hotel, Airlines require ID, Trains require ID, you NEED an ID to drive right? You need an ID to buy meals unless you use cash in the park? WELL DUH People, use that brain in your head, YOU ARE the problem, not DISNEY!

They leave them at the hotel. And you're right, it's not Disney's problem. I always take mine so the fact that others don't baffles me.

Malcon10t
11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
When we had APs with pictures, I didn't carry my Driver's license as I have a nasty habit of losing it on DL trips. When they took our pics off, I carried my Costco card for a long time, but now carry my DL again.

josephfive
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I always have my id in a little spot in my backpack or in a lanyard. I have to bring it because I often use AMEX in the park and am always asked to show my id.

V.I.N.CENT.
11-29-2012, 07:39 PM
After three days in the park, got mixed feelings over the I.D. requirement. Hate scammers and people trying to pull fast ones, but the process can be painfully slow. This morning several people in front of us had problems causing our particular line to be delayed by 15 min. Our return trip from California Adventure was a bit weird as well. The person checking our IDs was really taking his time. To the point of comparing signatures for the drivers license. My last name is REALLY unique so I don't think it was a case of a Smith or Johnson trying to use another persons pass. I think he was looking at my signature that the DMV still uses from 26 years ago when I first got my license, it has changed a bit. I finally had to say something to get him to let us pass.

Got to be a better way.

V.I.N.CENT.
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh, and they do have signs now saying all multi-day passes require ID.

sjhanksaz
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I remember sneeking back on to campus at high school after one of my extended executive lunch periods and one of the campus guards started to come over. For some reason my ID was not in my back pocket. I was asked my name and gave them someone elses.

Not having ID was convenient for me.

Perhaps it is convenient for others not to have their ID too.

Angie2009
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
I historically haven't carried ID into any theme parks - just cash, tickets, cell phone (fairly recent addition). I don't like bringing anything into the park that I'd hate to lose, and I don't take a purse so space is tight in whatever I'm taking cash, tickets, cell phone in.

I believe you do not legally have to carry ID in California but if you get a traffic citation they can arrest you if don't provide an ID. I certainly don't take my license when I go running in the morning! Or half the time I walk anywhere.

Good to know I'll need ID for our next trip. Maybe it's the sign we should get APs.

:-)

tea4two
11-29-2012, 10:36 PM
...Good to know I'll need ID for our next trip. Maybe it's the sign we should get APs.

:-)

Yes, APs haven't been asked for i.d. at the gates (yet!), but as was mentioned above, if the computer system goes down, AP photos won't show up on the monitor. Then the CM will have to ask for i.d.

For those who are afraid of losing a driver's license in the parks, would a Witz case on a lanyard help (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=MS0284&Category_Code=439)? Those are pretty secure and hard to lose. And then the i.d. won't take up any pocket space.

3Princesses1Prince
11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Yes, APs haven't been asked for i.d. at the gates (yet!), but as was mentioned above, if the computer system goes down, AP photos won't show up on the monitor. Then the CM will have to ask for i.d.

Plus if you want to use your AP discount you will need ID.

tea4two
11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Plus if you want to use your AP discount you will need ID.

Good point!

candles71
11-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Just a shameless plug I love my witz case. Bought it in the spring of 2009 and it is still in great shape. DD and her friend started tying the string on their belt loop and sticking it in their pocket cause they don't like to wear it. Whistler and I would constantly be pocket checking before we had them, now it is more a quick check to make sure it hasn't fallen out.