PDA

View Full Version : Things I'm Liking About our TOT. ;)

MonorailMan
08-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Ok, I'm really jazzed about our own version of Tower Of Terror. ;)

Some of the things I like:

With the Opening (Horton) Doors below the HTH sign, the idea of a "missing" wing of the hotel seems more obvious, because the elevator doors that did open into the hotel now open into the air. ;)
It's really starting to get a great look. It's towering apperace over DCA makes it Magestic.
I think the domed look will be nice.

Let's just hopes it's as eligent on the inside, as much as the WDW counterpart. :D

Plus, if this COVE AV system, where you "see" the cable snap", works well, then we could have our own great effect. ;)

disneyfreak168
08-08-2003, 09:33 PM
i'm just glad we have one here in CA instead of having to fly to wdw on the other side of the us where the original tot is. :)

I bet it's gonna be extremely awesome once it's finished:) :D :D :D

mrfantasmic
08-08-2003, 11:29 PM
I've got good feelings about this one too, MonorailMan!

Morrigoon
08-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Saw a thing on Cast TV about it. Looks great, and is is planned to be as detailed. Also, it'll be programmable, so if they choose, they could change it in the future. Neat stuff.

MonorailMan
08-09-2003, 06:06 AM
I woder if it will be stocked with the now in use Profile IV, where the "tower takes control". ;)

donatello3000
08-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Plus, if this COVE AV system, where you "see" the cable snap", works well, then we could have our own great effect. ;)

What does COVE stand for? I dinno this effect even had a name.

MonorailMan
08-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by donatello3000
What does COVE stand for? I dinno this effect even had a name.

Good Question. I have no clue either. Lost Boy originally told me and the group about it. I don't even he knows what it stands for. ;)

Lost Boy
08-09-2003, 09:10 PM
It's actually CAVE and it stahs for "Computer Activated Visual Effects". How it works, and what exactly it does, I don't have a clue. Yet.

MonorailMan
08-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
It's actually CAVE and it stahs for "Computer Activated Visual Effects". How it works, and what exactly it does, I don't have a clue. Yet.

COVE, CAVE, kinda the same thing. A letter got switched in the excitement. ;) :D