PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Springs Racers and exit backdoor passes

ScottC4746
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
As with all computerized rides at Disney, they are bound to have a hiccup. After waiting over an hour in line, I was next to board when the ride shut itself down. When they said it would be a couple of hours for it to come back up, and that we were welcome to come back when it reopened, in English, welcome to spend over another hour in line when it came up, I was not happy with that. I asked them considering I was next to board, may I please have an exit pass, I was informed they don't do that. They do, they just wouldn't. I finally had to work my way up to an attractions supervisor and after some explaining it comes across that it was my fault the attraction went down and how it makes Disney look, she finally gave me an exit pass. Sadly, when I left the park this evening, the ride still had not come back up. That pass went to waste.

bombardon3
11-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I believe their policy is to only give the pass if you were actually on the ride when it breaks down.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
While it may be policy to give it if you are only ON the ride, in the case of a line that is as long as RSR, they need to make an exception. Many people do not have the luxury of coming back the next day, or ever for that matter. They cannot expect people to spend more time standing in line, than they already do.

cstephens
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
While it may be policy to give it if you are only ON the ride, in the case of a line that is as long as RSR, they need to make an exception.

The difficulty I can see is deciding where to cut off giving the return passes. Just the first five people who would have been next on the ride? The first ten? Twenty? Anyone who's wait for an hour or more? No matter where you do the cut-off, there's going to be someone who doesn't get it who is going to be angry and feels they deserve it as well. Also, with that multitude of people getting return passes, that's going to seriously affect the line for the rest of the day, for all the other people who are going to be waiting for the ride, who are probably going to be upset because they don't understand why hordes of people are being allowed in front of them while their line barely moves.

currence
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
The last time we were denied entry to a ride because it broke down was Toy Story Mania. They gave out passes to everyone who had made it past the CM and been assigned a specific aisle to wait in. That seemed fair, although I suppose the person who was about to give the number of people in their party to the CM may not have thought so.

CARS LAND Lover
11-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Aww.... Sorry to hear you did not make it on the awesome ride! I think they should give the passes out if it breaks down while you are standing on a number waiting to board. I understand why they can't give them to everyone but if you are about to board you should get one.

ThatCrazyRedhead
11-19-2012, 03:02 PM
On our last trip, Hubs and I were in line for BTMRR when it broke down. We were told to reverse our direction and leave out the entrance. About five minutes later, we were still stuck in place on the stairs, so the CMs allowed us to proceed to the ride and just climb through the train and leave through the exit. There were three or four CMs stationed outside the exit giving out backdoor passes. We had never gotten one before, and they explained that they could be used for any ride in Disneyland except BTMRR, SMGG, Star Tours, HMH, or the Matterhorn (Indy was down for refurb, but I imagine it would have been included in the list had it been running). We used it for Peter Pan. :D Another time, a friend and I were on the stairs in line for Indiana Jones when it broke down. CMs at the exit were handing out fastpasses that were good for any ride with fastpass.

I completely understand that there would have to be a cutoff point, but I think they should do something similar when RSR breaks down.

azza29
11-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Another time, a friend and I were on the stairs in line for Indiana Jones when it broke down. CMs at the exit were handing out fastpasses that were good for any ride with fastpass.

I completely understand that there would have to be a cutoff point, but I think they should do something similar when RSR breaks down.

This makes sense to me - if the line for RSR is 90 minutes and they give everyone a return pass, you're just going to end up with a 90 minute return line when the ride reopens. But giving everyone a 'good for any other FP ride' pass would prevent this, while still offering some compensation for the wait.