PDA

View Full Version : new wrist band park hopper

Pages : [1] 2 3

PlutoIsTheOne
11-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I have a friend that just booked a trip to DLR through a travel agent for the first week in December. Her 3 day park hoppers came in the form of wrist bands. I know Disney has talked about changes to keep people from sharing tickets, is this it??

Now that our AP’s have expired (were not planning on renewing) I’d hate to wear a wrist band for 3 plus days in the park, can’t stand those things. How would you get a fastpass or are they going to print a ticket too on your first day of use? Anyone herd about this yet?

Hannahbelle
11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
I have a friend that just booked a trip to DLR through a travel agent for the first week in December. Her 3 day park hoppers came in the form of wrist bands. I know Disney has talked about changes to keep people from sharing tickets, is this it??

Now that our AP’s have expired (were not planning on renewing) I’d hate to wear a wrist band for 3 plus days in the park, can’t stand those things. How would you get a fastpass or are they going to print a ticket too on your first day of use? Anyone herd about this yet?

Wow, that's interesting.....I'm curious to hear more. I'm with you, I would hate to wear a wrist band. Those things irritate me.

AnotherJenny
11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
The fastpass will be in the RFID tag in the wristband.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-374272-wristbands-parks.html

Drince88
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
So if you were using the 3 days as far apart as legal, you'd have to wear a wristband for 2 weeks???:(

MammaSilva
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
if the fastpass is IN the wristband then no more sending a runner, every single person has to be in the fastpass line...not seeing that being a good idea.

Shortpix77
11-15-2012, 09:13 AM
if the fastpass is IN the wristband then no more sending a runner, every single person has to be in the fastpass line...not seeing that being a good idea.

Ooh, good point. That would really get annoying. And at Radiator Springs Racers, the CMs actually tell people to give all of their tickets to one person to make things quicker... wonder how that will work?

cstephens
11-15-2012, 09:27 AM
So if you were using the 3 days as far apart as legal, you'd have to wear a wristband for 2 weeks???:(

The article says it could eventually be used for APs - so that means you'd have to wear the wristband every day of the year!

MammaSilva
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I just don't see that being something that even Disney would think was a good plan, putting the chip IN our AP cards 'maybe' but there is no way I'd even consider putting a wristband like that on Missy for more than a few hours at a time, she reacts to too many products like that to even consider it being a practical application.

Blacksheep Uncle
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
maybe they'll just implant an RFID chip under the skin of the AP holders....................

houseofmouse
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I would hope the wristbands would snap on and off. Then you could still send a runner to get Fastpasses. My DS16 would hate wearing a wristband all day, especially in the summer when his arm would get all sweaty!

PlutoIsTheOne
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I would hope the wristbands would snap on and off. Then you could still send a runner to get Fastpasses. My DS16 would hate wearing a wristband all day, especially in the summer when his arm would get all sweaty!

If they snaped on and off then anyone could use them and that wouldn't stop the ticket sharing that Disney wants to curb. I'll have to ask my friend exactly what the wrist bands are like.

olegc
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
sounds like someone forgot to do guest surveys or talk to Operations. Hmm....

Drince88
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Has anyone heard a real reason why they can't just do the same thing they do in Orlando for the ticket sharing? someone said Sea World SD uses fingerprints, so it's not like it's against California law or anything....

jbtaylor780
11-15-2012, 11:55 AM
When I booked my trip earlier this year with Getaway today I received energy wristbands with my package. These were not for the 'tickets' these were just an additional gift from getaway today. We still had to go to the ticket booth to pick up our actual park hoppers.

3Princesses1Prince
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
When I booked my trip earlier this year with Getaway today I received energy wristbands with my package. These were not for the 'tickets' these were just an additional gift from getaway today. We still had to go to the ticket booth to pick up our actual park hoppers.

Excellent point. Who did they book through? Unless its through Disney/Costco/AAA, they don't usually send the actual tickets to you.

PlutoIsTheOne
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM

hmmm, did they ask your wrist size when you made your travel arrangements? I'll see her tomorrow and ask for more details.

danyoung
11-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think I recall seeing something that looked like a watchband, easy to remove or resize to the individual's wrist.

AnotherJenny
11-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Disney did guest surveys. Two of my friends (both APs) were asked about this several months ago during surveys.

Kuzcofan
11-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think I recall seeing something that looked like a watchband, easy to remove or resize to the individual's wrist.

You've been quoted! :) Sorry couldn't resist.

danyoung
11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Rats!!!

Ferb
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
The fastpass will be in the RFID tag in the wristband.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-374272-wristbands-parks.html

This article is a collaboration of old news. Read the bottom where it say this could be coming to DLR, because all the other stuff in the article is about WDW.

Malcon10t
11-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Could your friend be confused? (Wristbands would be a major overhaul in the FP system that has not been done...) I know many travel agencies have this included in their packages:
"Strive Today Power Band ($30 value) for each adult 3-Day or longer discount Disneyland ticket included in your Disney package."

PlutoIsTheOne
11-16-2012, 06:39 AM

This is it exactly!!! sorry everyone. At least it got my friend to take another look at her package and she found she has to pick up her tickets at the park.

Pirate Girl
11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's another article (http://dizfanatic.com/diztech012.aspx) on the wristbands... these will eventually replace paper tickets.

TTFN92
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
The problem with those is so many people can't/won't wear those. Little kids would be taking them off. People with sensory issues. There are people that just don't like wearing things.