PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations at Disney California Adventure

cstephens
11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
We had occasion to be at the resort on Saturday, so we decided to stay and see the Christmas decorations. We've always enjoyed the Christmas decorations at Disneyland and wanted to see what they'd done with the re-done Buena Vista Street and the new Cars Land. Buena Vista Street was very pretty as you'd expect, and we liked that the windows were done with Christmas theming as well. But the decorations in Cars Land are amazing. There is so much detail to look at, and it's all very clever. And on top of that, they got a whole bunch of new merchandise, just in time for holiday shopping. I have a post with pictures and descriptions if you're interested (http://colddeadfish.blogspot.com/2012/11/first-christmas-in-cars-land-at-disney.html), but if you get a chance, it's really worth getting out and taking a look yourself. The pictures I have just show a portion of what they did, and it's not nearly the same as experiencing it for yourself.

Shortpix77
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM
My favorite decorations on Buena Vista Street were actually in the candy store and Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe. The garlands in the candy store are all made of candy and are just beautiful. Not overdone, but so detailed. And I really got a kick out of the three garlands over the Cafe counters -- Straw, wood, and brick garlands representative of the houses made by Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Pig. I think details like that are the cutest things.

Of course I also love all of the Cars Land decor; it truly is amazing. And I nearly died from cute overload when the firetruck horn blared out the Jingle Bells tune :-)

olegc
11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
someone else pointed out that isn't it a little creepy that internal car parts (like air filters) are decorations? just a weird thought. Otherwise more than overwhelmed by the details..

cstephens
11-12-2012, 10:19 AM
My favorite decorations on Buena Vista Street were actually in the candy store and Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe. The garlands in the candy store are all made of candy and are just beautiful. Not overdone, but so detailed. And I really got a kick out of the three garlands over the Cafe counters -- Straw, wood, and brick garlands representative of the houses made by Fidler, Fifer, and Practical Pig.

How awesome. That's like the stuff they used to do in Toontown. We didn't spend much time on Buena Vista Street but we'll definitely have a much longer look next time.

shna
11-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Life has been FAR too crazy -- but I am definitely going to have to figure out a way to get to the parks this holiday season.

Malcon10t
11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
MDM is refusing to look at any pics on any site since we are going this weekend.... I can't WAIT!!!

candles71
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Um, I believe those are shot glasses, not toothpick holders. ;) The double/triple (hard to tell how tall they are) ones.

cstephens
11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Um, I believe those are shot glasses, not toothpick holders. ;) The double/triple (hard to tell how tall they are) ones.

They're really tall, so I wasn't sure what to call them because, you know, Disney doesn't sell "shot glasses". ;)

candles71
11-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Um, yes they do. ;) Shots of milk. :p We have a friend who collects them so we are always looking for a new/different one.

danyoung
11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
But seriously, Disney calls them "toothpick holders" in all their stores. It's actually kinda silly, as everybody in the world knows what they really are.

Malcon10t
12-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I wanted to say that the Prep and Landing 3D that is in the Muppet's theater is great. It had Youngest laughing so hard. I want to go back and see it again. Very well done. Anyone who is there over the next few days, it is worth the time!

LauraTD
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I wanted to say that the Prep and Landing 3D that is in the Muppet's theater is great. It had Youngest laughing so hard. I want to go back and see it again. Very well done. Anyone who is there over the next few days, it is worth the time!

Thanks, I was just going over my touring plan and trying to decide if it was worth checking out or not. I was leaning towards yes, but now I will definitely check it out.