PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Ceremony AP Sweepstakes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

DesertWorshipGuy
11-12-2012, 07:08 AM
So... Just wanted to tell everyone that the sweepstakes registration is now open for AP's for the Candlelight Ceremony. All you have to do is log into the Disneyland.com/AP website and click on "News" and you will see the link to register. You select the date (or dates, which by selecting more dates the website states that you have a better chance) that you want/are able to attend, and click submit. It's that simple. I've registered. They say winners will be notified on or about November 26th. Good Luck!

KarenW2
11-12-2012, 11:55 PM
So, we'll see how this lottery deal turns out. It would be nice to see Candlight again, since it's been a few years since we've seen it. But who knows?

I'm still hoping they come up with a Candlight event for the D23 Club members, but after talking with Jeffrey last Saturday at Mickey's of Glendale, they still haven't heard anything.

I really wish they didn't get rid of the dining packages! You'd think they would've welcomed our business!

SeanMouse
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I entered although I did not pick every date. Kurt Russel narrating as snake pliskin would be sweet. Sorry had to say it.

cstephens
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I really wish they didn't get rid of the dining packages! You'd think they would've welcomed our business!

Given how late they announced Candlelight this year, I doubt there's much room left in the various restaurants to even offer a dining package.

bennette
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Interestingly, on a wild trip through several offices in my building today, it seemed that every person I surprised at their desk had an open email advising them of the AP lottery. I actually haven't gotten on, although I'm not planning on signing up.

(Said wild trip occurred largely through the lunch period.)

MickeyDogMom
11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm still hoping they come up with a Candlight event for the D23 Club members, but after talking with Jeffrey last Saturday at Mickey's of Glendale, they still haven't heard anything.

I spoke to George and I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. :)

Pirate Girl
11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm still hoping they come up with a Candlelight event for the D23 Club members, but after talking with Jeffrey last Saturday at Mickey's of Glendale, they still haven't heard anything.

I think there's just too many D23 members for this to be plausible for an event that's already in such high demand. Although if they did decide to do a D23 night, I might actually consider joining just for the Candlelight privilege (I can hear the Disney bean counter's brains whirring as we speak). Up until now I just haven't seen a good reason for the extra cost.

Anyway... I only entered for Dick Van Dyke. I almost entered for all the dates, but I will just be camping out on Main Street to see Dick if I don't make the lottery, so I figured why take a ticket from someone that might want or only be able to attend a different night.

bennette
11-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I spoke to George and I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. :)

That was the vibe I got from him. Glad you could confirm it.

tea4two
11-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Hope this is the right thread for this question. So... tonight Mr. Tea and I bought new APs to replace our expired ones. The old ones expired tonight and the new ones started tonight. Will this change of pass barcode numbers affect our lottery entries? Our old passes were valid at the time we entered and our new passes will be valid if we get a date. I've been trying to update our AP profiles on Disney's site tonight, but the site is down for maintenance. Will the lottery software invalidate our entries because our pass numbers are now different? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of thing.

olegc
11-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Hope this is the right thread for this question. So... tonight Mr. Tea and I bought new APs to replace our expired ones. The old ones expired tonight and the new ones started tonight. Will this change of pass barcode numbers affect our lottery entries? Our old passes were valid at the time we entered and our new passes will be valid if we get a date. I've been trying to update our AP profiles on Disney's site tonight, but the site is down for maintenance. Will the lottery software invalidate our entries because our pass numbers are now different? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of thing.

In my experience in past events a valid pass was necessary in order to initiate and entry into something (lottery, contest, order, etc). Once initiated they never went back to verify a second time whether my pass number was valid - only asking for the pass when I got to the event and then all they did was make sure it was not expired - no verification that it was the same date.

I say in my experience because you never know if they have modified any procedures or not. However, from my past experience, you should be ok. I would check with a ticket booth lead next time you're at the park - or send an email back to the email address that sent the lottery notice.

tea4two
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Actually, the CM at the ticket booth last night suggested we re-enter the lottery with our new AP numbers to better our odds. But it just didn't sound right to me. I went back over the fine print on the lottery and I think you are right. The pass only has to be valid to enter and on the date of the event, but the numbers don't really matter. And the fine print does say only one entry per person, so the CM misunderstood that.

DesertWorshipGuy
11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
So the candlelight lottery winners will be announced in a few days.. Anyone else getting excited/anxious??

ThatCrazyRedhead
11-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes!! So hoping that my family and I get to go!

jananafish
11-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Does anyone know if they have already announced the winners? I tried adding their email address to my contacts so I don't get it to my Spam anymore but I'm not sure if they have sent any email.s

DesertWorshipGuy
11-26-2012, 07:13 AM
The rules said on or about November 26th they would be contacting the winners...

DesertWorshipGuy
11-26-2012, 07:58 AM
But I do hope they send out emails soon.. The wait is killing me lol

Toocherie
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
They just sent me an email--I did NOT win. Oh well.

Aysle
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
I just got a email saying I got a spot on Dec 5 @ 7:30pm yay!!

The email is below

Congratulations, Scott!

You have been selected to attend the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional for Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholders.

Here are your event details:

Name: Scott Johnson
Email Address: -----
Performance Time: December 5, 2012 7:30 p.m.
Passholder Barcode: ----
Total Party Size: 4

Instructions

Please print this email.

This email is your ticket for the event.
Confirmation pages on cell phones, tablets, or other electronic devices will not be accepted for this event.
Prepare for Your Event

Please gather and bring these items, as they are required for event admission:

Valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport for you and each member of your group (ages 3 and older). (All Passports must be valid as of November 12, 2012.)
Printed confirmation page (one per group).
Valid Photo ID (for you and each member of your group ages 18 and older).
Parking

Present your valid Annual Passport and a copy of this email at the Mickey & Friends or Toy Story parking lot toll booths to receive complimentary parking on the day of the event. If your Pass already includes parking privileges, you do not need to present this email at the toll booth.

While planning your evening, please include extra time to park.

Check-In Instructions
Please check in at Main Entrance Ticket Booth 4 on your event date.
Check-in begins at 12:00 p.m. on the day of your event.
Guests must be checked in no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the show and seated no later than 10 minutes before assigned show time.
All members of your party must be present at the Main Entrance Ticket Booth for check-in. Valid Disneyland® Park admission – in the form of an Annual Passport or complimentary 1-Day, 1-Park Ticket – is required for all selected Passholders and their Guests to attend the event.
Valid government issued, photo ID is required.
All members of your party (3 years and older) must have a valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport and one printed confirmation page per group.
A Cast Member will verify your confirmation page, Passports (or appropriate ticket media) and photo IDs.
Wristbands
Once verified, you and your group will receive event wristbands. These wristbands are required to attend the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performance.
Event wristbands may only be redeemed for the designated date and show time. No exchanges.
Event wristbands may not be exchanged, redeemed for cash or sold or transferred for a commercial purpose.
Viewing Area Entry
Seating will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance and will close 10 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Late arrivals will not be accommodated and wristbands will be forfeited.
Each Guest entering the Candlelight Viewing Area must have a valid viewing area event wristband.
All Guests may only enter the viewing area section at the time of their assigned performance.
No early or late admission will be allowed. Late arrivals will not be seated and show tickets will be forfeited.
Seating arrangements are at the sole discretion of the Disneyland Resort.
Blockout Dates and Expired Annual Passports
If you and/or your Guests' Annual Passports have expired, or are blocked on the event date, please present this email and your – and/or your Guests' – valid Annual Passport(s) at Main Entrance Ticket Booth 4 during event check-in to receive a complimentary 1-Day, 1-Park Ticket for admission to Disneyland® Park to view the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performance.
Any of your Guests requiring a complimentary ticket must be present with you at the Main Entrance Ticket Booth to receive their ticket.
We look forward to seeing you at this special seasonal event!

See official rules.

Participation

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Must be a valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholder as of November 12, 2012 and 18 years of age or older to be eligible to enter for an opportunity to receive wristbands that provide admission to a performance of the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional.
For event admission, every member of the party must also be a valid Passholder as of November 12, 2012.
Event Information

Candlelight Ceremony and Processional takes place in Disneyland Park and is an outdoor experience. Shows may be cancelled or delayed for any reason, including, without limitation, inclement weather or technical difficulties.
Event is subject to capacity, scheduled park events and other restrictions. Event and all information may be changed or cancelled without notice.
No theme park admission refunds, redemptions for cash or exchanges will be provided for any reason.

Shortpix77
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I just got an email saying I'd been selected to attend the Candlelight Processional on December 8 at 7:30 :-) Woo hoo!

Pixiedust58
Notifications are going out. Just rec'd my "Unfortunately, you were not selected to attend this event" e-mail.

Good luck to everyone else :)

disneylandkitty
just got email i did not win

disneylandkitty
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
If anyone has an extra slot I would love to go. I'm a party of one.

micmac0720
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
not a winner... still a glimmer of hope from either my wife or sister

swhite2k
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Got in on Dec 4th at 5:30! Question to anyone who has previously attended or has inside info- is this appropriate for children to attend? (Obviously the story line and material would be appropriate, just thinking more along the lines of toddler squirmy-ness and talking...

newhdplayer
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Dec 17th - 5:30PM