PDA

View Full Version : Splash rehab

DisneyBob
08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
So, Splash is going down again come September. I thought that it had a major refurb not too long ago. Is this just an annual refurb? Does anyone know of any significant changes that will be made?
Thanks for sharing!

blusilva
08-05-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm curious, too. Are they still planning major design changes to the ride vehicles? Or has all that been implemented already?

Disneyfreak
08-06-2003, 05:33 PM
They allready changed the logs from 7 seats to 5.:rolleyes:
They made it so that each person has their own personal seat. Thats why the lines are well over 100 min each day. But is still in horrible condition. The water wheel is dry and the flume needs work and they need to work out the bugs in the computer timing releasing the logs more efficiently. There is always a backup of logs in the ride from them speeding up the flume a little. The jets are very loud and dont shoot anywhere near as high as they used to. I may be a little paranoid with the jets but i loved it when it was quiet and shot high. The line used to move alot faster and they need to do something and fast. They need two flume stations for better release of logs.:) if they do not want to redesign the whole flume for wider logs like in wdw.

Morrigoon
08-07-2003, 12:34 AM
And there's the whole matter of going 101 more often than even Indy.

DonaldDuck14
08-07-2003, 07:20 AM
well they can't just widen the flume, i know this has been discussed before, but its just not that easy. They would literally have to rebuild the entire ride. Due to the fact that the wider flume would have to make the entire structure bigger and able to withstand more weight. Plus i like the idea of sitting in a row, it fits better with the log theming than a 2 seater log.

rexfarms
08-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
And there's the whole matter of going 101 more often than even Indy.

You really are the 101 Goddess