PDA

View Full Version : Question about the accessible side on Radiator Springs Racers

LauraTD
10-27-2012, 12:59 PM
On my recent trip to DCA I rode the RSRacers 3 times, using the single rider line each time. On my last ride I was sent to the accessible side. On that ride my car didn't race against another car, but instead rode the track solo. So I am wondering, does that always happen for cars from that side or was it just a fluke? It was still a fun ride, but I missed the race aspect of it. If it was a fluke, I understand that they are still working the bugs out on the ride and I got to race the two other times I rode and I never waited more than 40 minutes (less than 10 minutes my first ride) so I'm not going to whine about my experience, but I'd hate to think that people would always be denied the fun of racing against another car just because they use a wheelchair.

ALB2277
10-27-2012, 01:09 PM
no we were sent to the accesible side with a fast pass and raced so maby you were just unlucky

candles71
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
We raced a vehicle that was sent back to the accessible side when we returned to the station, so it was probably a fluke.

MammaSilva
10-27-2012, 02:22 PM
We use the accessible loading zone every ride and we've always raced, it sounds like you just had an unlucky run.

Malcon10t
10-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I think we have rode maybe 15 times to date, and maybe 2 times we haven't raced.

LauraTD
10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh good! I figured that was it, but it was kind of worrying me. I have this compulsive need for life to be as fair as possible.

KarenW2
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
We rode the ride twice the night of our Cars Land Preview and wine tasting dinner with John & Nancy Lasseter. I have to do the parks in a wheelchair, so both times were on the accessible side.

We "raced" both times we rode and "won" both times, but there isn't like there's anything you can do to win, since you have no control over the car. That's one of the downsides of the ride, in my opinion.

If you haven't learned yet, unfortunately, life isn't fair and there's no way you can control that either.

Hope you have a better time, the next time you ride it!

LauraTD
10-28-2012, 07:03 AM
If you haven't learned yet, unfortunately, life isn't fair and there's no way you can control that either.

Hope you have a better time, the next time you ride it!

I had a greatt time, I just had a nagging worry that a certain segment of guests might not be getting the full experience because they needed to use a different entrance and that bothered me because there is no reason I could see that they couldn't make the race part work for them (which obviously they can- so no problem). I was mostly sure Disney wouldn't do that, but that tiny nagging doubt was squeaking away. Now that I know it was a random glitch, I am happy as a clam. I get that life isn't fair, my compulsion is to make it "as fair as possible". And while that isn't totally within my control, it is within my power to speak up and act for equity whenever I see inequity. In fact I make it a habit. See my sig line for an example of one of my role models who proved you can make life more fair if you try.

MammaSilva
10-28-2012, 08:05 AM
As the mom of a special needs daughter I appreciate people like you Laura, as her parent I have fought for her equal treatment when ever possible all her life but it takes support from others to gain ground! Disneyland and the cast members go above and beyond in their attempts to create an equal experience for her.

Crazy4DL
10-31-2012, 01:04 PM
What an awesome attitude, LauraTD! We need more like you. :)