PDA

View Full Version : This Sat in park...

mandi2728
08-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Are the hours from 8A to midnight, they are on Friday, but I cant access the calendar on disney.com to change the date.

And help me with this please, if we were to go Sat, the first we would have ever gone during vacation season, how bad would waits be for Splashand pirates, and Thunder, and is there both Fantasmic and Believe or just Fantasmic...

And also, we normally go to the park for about 5 days once a year, Im concerned myself and my family would be disappointed over how busy it was and what little we could do in one busy Sat....but we need a break. We could be there for opening to close.

Thanks for the help!

millionairegirl
08-04-2003, 06:18 PM
It will be extremely crowded and hot. But it is manageable as long as you have a game plan. Get there before opening, go on several big rides, and enjoy lack of crowds. DEFINITELY take a break midday, but grab some fastpasses on your way out.

I'm sure both Believe and Fantasmic! will be playing. Just go into it knowing that you won't be able to see everything, but you should be able to see your favorites as long as you prioritize.

Lani
08-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by mandi2728
Are the hours from 8A to midnight, they are on Friday, but I cant access the calendar on disney.com to change the date. mandi2728, you can ALWAYS get the current park hours from our own MousePlanet Park Update: Disneyland page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030804.htm#ParkHours). We update it every week so the information is current.

experiment626
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by mandi2728
Are the hours from 8A to midnight, they are on Friday, but I cant access the calendar on disney.com to change the date.

Are you running "internet security"? If so this is the cause of you not being able to access the calender. You can either disable it while you get the info you need. or click on "todays schedule" and then in the url change the date to the date you need for the current information.

RideMax Mark
08-05-2003, 11:32 AM
I definitely agree with the suggestion to arrive before opening time. You'd be surprised at how pleasantly uncrowded the park is that first hour!

Tigertail777
08-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Don't forget if you dont mid riding alone, there is also single rider lines for splash, and Indy... Splash broke down twice when we were there in line, so had it not been for single rider we would have not been able to see it.;)

Cadaverous Pallor
08-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Let me echo the others - get there at opening, go quickly around in the morning and slow your pace in the afternoon.

Also -

Make sure you get plenty of water and eat when you're hungry. The weather and crowds can destroy your reserves and sometimes it's just lack of the essentials that puts everyone in a bad mood and wears you out.

Maximize your fastpass use. Pirates is an unconnected fastpass, meaning that you can get one even though you just got one for another ride. There are other threads around here explaining all this, but remember - get a Pirates fastpass. Also, get other fastpasses as soon as you can. The bottom of your fastpass tells you when you can get your next one. These help greatly later on in the day. Plus - the expiration time on there doesn't count. If the fastpass says come back between 2:00 - 3:00, you can use it any time past 2:00 up until closing. Don't feel rushed to use them.

Balance rides with shows. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies is a great one. Ride the train. If you have kids take a break for the Buzz Lightyear show. Taking time for "the bench ride" will leave you with energy later in the day.

The line for Splash will be ridiculous. There are sometimes incredible lines to get a fastpass. Head over there first thing in the morning. It'll be warm enough, I promise.

Autopia is another ride that has insane lines - a fastpass is practically required.

Hope this helps. Have a great time! :D

Gemini Cricket
08-05-2003, 11:53 AM
When I read the title to this thread, I started singing "Saturday in the park, I think it was the 4th of July..."

(Ahem. :rolleyes: Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled thread.)