PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Expedia, Travelocity, and the Grand Californian

leota's necklace
08-04-2003, 01:09 PM
I'll be staying at the DLR for my birthday at the end of the month. I keep hoping for a special AP rate (they ran one last year at the same time) but things aren't looking promising yet. So, if I want to stay at the Grand (and man, I sure do), I get a rate of $331.20. A room at the DLH is $254.15. Gulp.

So, I'm considering using Travelocity ($240 Grand/ $197 DLH) or Expedia ($236 Grand/ $194 DLH)...but what gives me pause is the possibility that my fabulous room will have a view of the parking lot. My current reservations at the Grand and DLH have theme park views, and I hate to admit it, but the view is pretty important to me...I love looking out the window at something magical. Our last trip to the DLH included a room over the falls and one of the highlights of the trip was opening the sliding glass doors and napping to their sound.

So...you folks that have used the aforementioned travel services...did you get hole-in-the-wall views? I'm beginning to think I might be able to handle a less-than perfect view at the Grand...but urban Anaheim at the DLH might be too much.

TDBearGrrl
08-04-2003, 01:23 PM
I am with you hoping for AP Nights next month! I have trip planned for the first weekend. I had never thought of using the 'discount travel' sites for getting a room at DL. It will be interesting to see what responses come in!

jeffport
08-05-2003, 07:10 PM
If a room with a view is a must, then check out the room availability through orbitz.com. They are offering at $236 rate for the Grand Californian which guarantees as theme park view.

leota's necklace
08-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Well, after some thought I decided a DTD view wouldn't kill me, and called Reservations. While my original room hasn't gone down in price, the DTD view was available for $169 (Thurs)/$199 (Fri and Sat); the quote I'd gotten for a similar room two months ago was $270.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks...and thanks for the tip on Orbitz!

tracilicious
08-06-2003, 08:16 AM
when is th DGC offering $169? i called a few weeks ago and couldn't get an AP nights deal.

~<:) tracilicious

leota's necklace
08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tracilicious
when is th DGC offering $169? i called a few weeks ago and couldn't get an AP nights deal.

~<:) tracilicious

I called yesterday (8/5) for dates at the very end of this month. When I had asked about the DTD view room in June I was quoted a much higher price, so they must have just released a block of rooms.