PDA

View Full Version : New offer: 4-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper with $50 Costco Cash Card - $259.99

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AVP
10-14-2012, 04:19 PM
OlegC alerted me to this new Costco offer, and I went to my local store to get the details:

Costco 4-Day Park Hopper Ticket plus $50 Costco cash card ($259.99) – The Fall 2012 version of this discount offer for Costco members is a bit different than past deals, with several important changes:

Unlike past offers, this ticket has a 13-day "fuse," which means you must use all four admission days within 13 days of first use, or lose them.
First use must occur by 2/28/13; ticket expires 3/13/13 or 13 days after first use, whichever comes first.
This ticket is NOT restricted to Southern California residents, though since the ticket is not yet sold on Costco.com I'm not sure if they are only selling it locally or if they are going after a wider audience this time.
This ticket includes one Magic Morning day.
There are no blockout dates this time.
The ticket comes with a $50 Costco Cash Card instead of the Disney Gift Card offered last year.

At face value, the ticket is only $15 less than the rack rate for a Disneyland Resort 4-Day Parkhopper ticket purchased at the Main Entrance booths, and is more expensive than the child's ticket. The real "savings" comes in the form of the $50 Costco Cash Card. If you were already in the market for a 4-day Parkhopper and plan to spend $50 at Costco, this deal will save you $65.00, but it may not be a real value if you aren't an avid Costco shopper.

candles71
10-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Hmm, sounds like we need to buy 2 of these, and one AAA for the parking. :) Thanks AVP, and Oleg.

currence
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Any wording on the packaging for how much value the tickets have for upgrade purposes?

olegc
10-14-2012, 07:06 PM
i never buy these since I am a passholder - but - i think it's unfortunate they added the 13 day fuse like other park hoppers. The old Costco tickets used to have a longer valid period, right? and now it's like any other park hopper.

Mermaid
10-14-2012, 07:06 PM
What are the dates on this?

Bytebear
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I am not happy about this promotion. The old hopper was great for getting through Christmas. Locals don't want a big burst of Disney in a few days. We like to savor the experience, going every few weeks.

disneyobsessed
10-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Saw these in my northern CA CostCo this weekend, so these aren't SoCal exclusives this time. As for the fuse, I doubt Disney feels they need to encourage the locals to visit the parks less expensively multiple times over the holidays. With the healthy attendance reports I've been hearing, Disney should be expecting huge holiday crowds. I was surprised to see any sort of deal at all much less one that wasn't blocked out for the busy upcoming holiday season.

AVP
10-15-2012, 06:40 AM
What are the dates on this?Sorry, looks like I forgot the important detail!

First use must occur by 2/28/13; ticket expires 3/13/13 or 13 days after first use, whichever comes first.

3Princesses1Prince
10-15-2012, 08:50 AM
This will save me $340!!

HILNDKID
10-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Is this for California only? We don't live in the state and are visiting DLR in a few weeks and need tickets, this would be great!

Thanks!

AVP
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Is this for California only? We don't live in the state and are visiting DLR in a few weeks and need tickets, this would be great!

Thanks!There is nothing in the fine print to indicate a residency restriction.

AVP

disneyobsessed
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
There is nothing in the fine print to indicate a residency restriction.

AVP

I saw a thread about these tickets on another board. One poster who lives in Arizona reported that when he/she called his/her local CostCo, the CostCo employee said these tickets would be in the warehouse within a week. If this turns out to be true, then these tickets clearly aren't California exclusive.

CADisneyFam
10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Ok so I have heard of disney tickets at Costco before but have heard they were only So Cal Costco. I was at costco today in Northern CA and saw a 4 day park hopper pass that comes with a $50 cash card for $259. I think I may just buy my passes there instead of online or at gate. Sounds like a great deal eventhough I will have to pay cash instead of my disney visa. I did not pick it up and read the fine print though but attached is a picture.7117

candles71
10-15-2012, 11:17 AM
There is a thread in the Disneyland News section, with more details.
My question, which Costco do you shop at? Sacramento area somewhere? We use the Roseville Costco, but DH is all over for work.

candles71
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Hmm, I thought I posed this question from my phone.
Disneyobsessed, where is your Costco? We use Roseville most often, just trying to figure out where they are.
If nothing else, that $50 gift card could be used at Costco gas stations. I know the one south of DL has a gas station, I am not sure about the one up Harbor, by the Character warehouse.

Malcon10t
10-15-2012, 11:23 AM
If nothing else, that $50 gift card could be used at Costco gas stations. I know the one south of DL has a gas station, I am not sure about the one up Harbor, by the Character warehouse.Yes, the Fullerton Costco has gas.

candles71
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mal. We tend to use the one south of out of habit. It was the one that came up closest to Dolphin's cove our first trip.

disneyobsessed
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Saw them in the Woodland CostCo. Have read posts on another board from people who have found them at the Vacaville and Vallejo CostCos. Wouldn't be surprised if they are widely available in California CostCos within a week. Sounds like it is a very recently received item at the warehouses.

candles71
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Woodland is where he happened to be and got our tickets for Universal. (2 day tickets for $64.) Thanks. :)

CADisneyFam
10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
There is a thread in the Disneyland News section, with more details.
My question, which Costco do you shop at? Sacramento area somewhere? We use the Roseville Costco, but DH is all over for work.

This was the Costco in Citrus Heights :)

CADisneyFam
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
does anyone know if the $50 cash card is given instantly, like right when I go to get the card after I pay? So for example can I buy 1 pass get my $50 cash card and then turn around and use it towards another pass?

Hey I have the mind of an extreme couponer here...lol....

HILNDKID
10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Just went and picked up 4 in Utah, yes you do get the park tickets and $50 cash card on the spot. What a deal!

candles71
10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Very nice. I had mentioned my thought of using it for gas CaDisneyFam. They did merge your question, so if you look above it might answer a few of your questions. :)

CADisneyFam
10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
ok called my local Costco and they said you can use the Cash card to purchase another park ticket or anything you want. He also said it you would rather have cash they can do that too. I am not to sure about the cash part, I didn't think they let you cash out Costco cards. So for the best bang for your buck I'd recommend buying 1 then once you get it turn right around and go back to use the $50 towards your second one...repeat. :)

candles71
10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Or pay cash for the first couple and use the gift cards towards the last one.
As far as cashing out gift cards, there is a provision, in California law, that anything under $5 (it might be $10) can be exchanged for cash, so that doesn't sound right to me.