PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Queue

FantasmicFan82
08-27-2001, 06:51 PM
Is it me, or is the Matterhorn Queue just a crowd now that they've changed it? it's Wheelrchair accesible now, but it's harder to get to Fantasyland from Tomorrowland. you have to squeese by the icee and Name carts over by the cars/lagoon. :mad: i don't see how it's better now,the hasd no where to go once it's gotten to the cars.

CaliforniaCrazy
08-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too. They have to make a better queue area for the front of the attraction, possibly one to tie in with the mystery of the Abominable Snowman?

Napsto
08-28-2001, 08:57 AM
yea, it was better when it was on the sides of the mountain

FantasmicFan82
08-28-2001, 06:07 PM
at least when you were going around the mountain you could see the subs, TL, FL, and a parade when you were lucky. it wasn't theming, but at least something to look at. not people all around you.:mad:

Thomas
08-28-2001, 06:14 PM
Are you still able to pick which side you want to ride on or do they force you now?

Wackokid
08-28-2001, 08:44 PM
you can pick
there is a CM to control the line and make sure it does not back up into where it splits

Matterhorn Fan
08-29-2001, 04:26 AM
The new queue area is really icky. I rode the Matterhorn only once on my last trip--I found that the line looked long, and when before I would impulsively ride when the line looked short and/or moving quicly, I shrugged my shoulders (in the "I'm not standing in that line" kind of way) and moved on. From the Fantasyland side you used to be able to see the teacups, Alice, and the occasional monorail overhead; from the Tomorrowland side, well, since they took the subs & peoplemover/rocket rods out it was mostly people-watching, but now there's nothing at all. If that's not enough, it makes walking through there a big hassle. IMO, moving the queue area was a bad move.

Andrew
08-29-2001, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
The new queue area is really icky. I rode the Matterhorn only once on my last trip--I found that the line looked long, and when before I would impulsively ride when the line looked short and/or moving quicly, I shrugged my shoulders (in the "I'm not standing in that line" kind of way) and moved on. From the Fantasyland side you used to be able to see the teacups, Alice, and the occasional monorail overhead; from the Tomorrowland side, well, since they took the subs & peoplemover/rocket rods out it was mostly people-watching, but now there's nothing at all. If that's not enough, it makes walking through there a big hassle. IMO, moving the queue area was a bad move.

I guess it's been a while since I've been to the park. Where is the new queue?

Nigel2
08-29-2001, 03:08 PM
Its in the area right infront if the enterentce to the loading area, right where it splits.

Napsto
08-29-2001, 08:51 PM
does anybody know why they changed it?

also i remember waiting in line for the matterhorn as a kid and watching fanasy in the sky. Meories!

Nigel2
08-29-2001, 09:32 PM
Im probably wron on this, but if I rember correctly doesn't the side of the line that is on the parade route side have to be closed during parades for saftey reasons? So instead of having to move people for a parade they can just simply keep it going.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-30-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Andrew
I guess it's been a while since I've been to the park. Where is the new queue?
Just to make it clear, Andrew, it's all bunched up in front of the entrance split, zig zagging back and forth, so it looks like a crowd of people. Very dull.

I heard that they didn't accomplish everthing they wanted to during this last refurbishment and are going to do more changes in a few months. I also heard rumor of a fastpass going in. So this would mean they have a totally different queue is in mind.

mrfantasmic
08-31-2001, 06:37 PM
Even though the old queue looked longer, it went MUCH faster.

Wackokid
08-31-2001, 08:46 PM
the new queue is okay except it is a little slower cause it zigzags then splits in two then zigzags some more so the people have to choose after they get in line instead of before and some people are slow choosing (namely me) so it slows the line down

FantasmicFan82
08-31-2001, 08:50 PM
Left Side, Left Side! the Tomorrowland Side is better.

Napsto
08-31-2001, 09:56 PM
i like the fantasy land side better, it seems a littlebit bumpier.