PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in August

cstephens
08-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Walking by the World of Disney today on the way to the theatre, we noticed Halloween-type stuff at WoD so stopped in after the movie to take a look. They do indeed have costumes (adult and kids alike) out, and the place is decorated for Halloween. Some of the new cool stuff we noticed are diaramas around the upper parts of the store. They have different ones depicting Mickey et al, Maleficent, Ursula, etc. Very nifty decor. Warning to those with arachniphobia - there are many spiders adorning the decorations, so have someone guide you through the place to avoid them if you want to see the nifty stuff.

But Halloween in August? Next thing you know, they'll start putting up their Christmas tree on Halloween. Oh, wait...

MonorailMan
08-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Just like last year. It's about 3 months in advance. More time to buy. ;)

Not Afraid
08-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Yes, the Showcase was decked out with a full selection of costumes, pumpkin carving kits, Halloween antena toppers and candy containers.

I looked at these heavy costumes and started sweating just thinking about it right now. Ewwww.

MonorailMan
08-03-2003, 09:43 PM
ANy clue of the Costume selection this year?

Last year was a bit dry (ha, ha, No Pun Intended) for adult males....

Not Afraid
08-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
ANy clue of the Costume selection this year?

Last year was a bit dry (ha, ha, No Pun Intended) for adult males....

Well, I saw your Mickey suit (and, yes, we mentioned your name;) ), but I don't remember anything that stood out to me. I STILL want a Sully Suit for Chris, but, I'm no Mike or Boo.

There was an Evil Queen adult costume was was good in concept but not good in actuality. A Cruella coat and dress that looked cute with the pint-sized Dalmation costume.

Let's just say that I didn't feel the need to buy anything.

MonorailMan
08-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Well, I saw your Mickey suit (and, yes, we mentioned your name;) ), but I don't remember anything that stood out to me. I STILL want a Sully Suit for Chris, but, I'm no Mike or Boo.

Let's just say that I didn't feel the need to buy anything.

Actually, from what I understand, they way over made on my Mickey suit. In actuality, it should have been better, I mean apperance wise.

You not find anything? :eek: It must have been sparse. :D

LibraryGirl
08-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

If Chris is ever Sully, I'll send Bailey to you guys and she would be the perfect accessory for him!! Her costume would be easy: a long pink shirt, pigtails and white sneakers!! :D

And honey... you so were speaking my language when you said antenna balls!! Woo Woo!! More for the Jetta!! :)