PDA

View Full Version : Pipe break in DCA

iAmJacksDLand
08-02-2003, 04:53 PM
I thought it was funny that Eisners catepillar play area in DCA had a big pipe break on August 1st and was flooding the area to the right of the water play area.

Wish I had a picture and I wish I knew what happened? Anyone know?

SpaceMTJunkie
08-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Why is that funny?

newhdplayer
08-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Because it happened in DCA.

If it happened in Disneyland, it would be a tragedy; and would subsequently launch a number of discussions regarding the reduction in the water-pipe budget and how it has negatively affected the the overall "Park Experience".

Ok...I'm going away again.

tabacco
08-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Oh, yes, because anything that goes wrong at DCA is just hilarious. It's a good thing a building didn't collapse, as I'm sure you'd have strained a muscle from laughing so hard.

Uncle Dick
08-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Oh, yes, because anything that goes wrong at DCA is just hilarious.
Now be fair. I'm sure if it happened in the new Winnie the Pooh attraction or Innoventions it would have been just as funny. :D

YellowMan
08-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
Now be fair. I'm sure if it happened in the new Winnie the Pooh attraction or Innoventions it would have been just as funny. :D I know, especially since a pipe breaking in DCA and flooding Innoventions would be an amazing feat in itself.

Oh wait, you meant a pipe breaking IN Innoventions...nevermind.:D

iAmJacksDLand
08-03-2003, 04:27 PM
What I originally meant was that the one area in DCA that Eisner sort of designed and pushed to greenlight had a pipe burst. I wasn't laughing cause anything might've gotten damaged. If anything there was no damage... just a path blockage for half the day.

But all the previous posts have been pretty funny, so...

MonorailMan
08-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Back when we have Cosmic Waves, it was common for a pipe to burst, and flood the basement of the Innoventions building. ;)

DisneyFan25863
08-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Back when we have Cosmic Waves, it was common for a pipe to burst, and flood the basement of the Innoventions building. ;)

Lets not even get started on what that water had in it :eek: :~D :fez:

ChipmunkStar
08-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Actually, let me clarify what happened (I was working the Ugly Bug Ball that day, and we were the ones getting the water).

When Grizzly River Run goes 101 (or has an e-stop), all the water that has to be moved from the attraction goes through certain waterways, and one of them happens to be connected to the water play area in the Bountiful Valley Farm. Unfortunately for our show, the land is built at such an angle that all this extra water floods down towards us (and sometimes results in cancelled shows).

It takes a while to get everybody to work together to get this all straightened out, meanwhile execs in Glendale try to see what happened from there, while the maintenence people all try to stop it at the source.

This isn't that first time it's happened, and it certainly isn't going to be the last.