PDA

View Full Version : 7/31 Disneyland Update - With (Gasp!) Photos...

MonorailMan
08-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Okay, I got a nice new Hp PhotoSmart digital camera! So, on out trip to DL, I took some photos for the update! :)

Okay, how it will will work, is you go here (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4137139&a=30796497&f=0), and when I put a number in brackets, that's the picture(s) I'm talking about. ;)

As we headed down to DLR, it was a very nice day, and we were looking forward to fun. I went to the Character Warehouse, and got some of the PP toys, and then after a quick lunch, we went into the DLR. After seeing the thread here on graffiti, I saw that the my first sighting wasn't farther than the M&F bathroom {1}. After a quick tram ride, and entering the park, we went down Main Street, on the horseless carriage {2-3}. After a quick Beast sighting {4}, we headed down the ROA, and saw some of the new ODV carts {5}. After a quick peak at the island {6}, I saw that they still have the tacky "Please stay to your right" signs up in CC {7}, unfortunately, some person walking in front of my camera. :rolleyes: After some quick CC, and TSI peeks {8-10}, we decided to wait in the 15 minute line for MAoWtP, and I grabbed some shots of the queue {11-14}, and I spotted the themed safety line {15}, also, the artwork on the row numbers looked nice {16}, so did the load gates/yellow safety line (of tiles) {17}, so I got into the car, and found zero leg room. {18} Got a couple pics of the bad ride inside {18-19}, and then ran far away. ;) (WARNING: Smudges in the pics corner ahead!) After a shot of the large crowd, {21-22}, I took a lot of pictures of the Hub {23-29}. Then we headed into DCA for a break. I was glad to see the geysers working again on GRR {30}, and got another couple of pics of GRR {31-32}. Look, it's the Nemo parade, random (at 4:00) as normal, {33-35}. Then, on Orange Stinger, I received the funky little "resort utilization study", which was just the wait time {36}. Now, I got some pics of the Xtreme Dirt {37-41}. Plus, as a "Hastin Only" bonus, I have pics of the portable toilets {42-44}, with a quick break for some Xtream Wheelcharin' {45}, Available Product {46}, and better thatching than Adventureland {47}. Now, more portable restroom pics, {48-50}, with a quick shot of the XGames Band {51}, Grizzly {52}, and Mickey {53}. Now, after seeing the WDW TOT pics/videos, I'm obsessed with the tower, and can't wait for it, so I grabbed a lot of pics while waiting for Aladdin {54-58}. Aladdin seemed really busy {59-61}. More TOT {63-66}. Now, after a quick car break, I was glad to see, that in the M&F elevators, they now have the characters on the buttons {67}. Also, Autopia got upgraded with it's FP detail sign, which is much easier to read. (See, there's progress in Tommorwland!) {70-71}. :p

Hope you enjoyed the update. :)

Icy Bacon
08-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the pictures, and it sounds like an... interesting day at least. Just one question... where is everybody taking all these elevated ToT pics from? I can't remember anything high in that area. :confused:

DisneyLuv
08-02-2003, 10:01 AM
I really enjoyed your pictures... I too just purchased an HP Digital camera, and can't wait for my upcoming trip to Disneyland, to try out the new camera... 3 weeks from tomorrow and counting down... Thanks for sharing your pictures...

Yipppeeee.... only 22 more days....

Bill Catherall
08-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Icy Bacon
Just one question... where is everybody taking all these elevated ToT pics from? I can't remember anything high in that area. :confused: From the stairs at the Hyperion.

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks MonorailMan for the pics. I was going to ask the same question, the stairs :) so obvious. Thanks Bill Catherall.

17 Days!!!

danyoung
08-03-2003, 06:16 AM
What a great way to post a trip report AND pictures! Thanks for taking the effort. Very enjoyable.