PDA

View Full Version : Mad T Party Band Shows not so Friendly anymore

PlayGirlBunny
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Ive been going to the T Party almost every day (now only weekends) since preview in May. I got to know many CM's (band,DJs,workers) and other T Party fans and untill recently it was peaceful all the regs had there spots it was always nice always fun but ever since Summer ended and all AP passes are good it's gotten bad. Just last night my daughter and her friend were up front and a older lady (40s) was trying to push them out there spot and called my daughters friend (small girl) some really bad names and got kicked out. Before I could always just walk up to my spot but now girls line up hours before show and are pushy and aggressive. During the Summer you could take pictures with the Band after the show but they stop it now and rush them to the back Im guessing because to many girls taking pictures and chatting was not giving the band time to rest. I really Enjoy the show and Im glad it's doing so well and they have become Disneyland RockStars but I do miss the fun times now it's just a bunch of girls/ladys all eyeing each other down till show time.

carolinakid
10-02-2012, 04:09 AM
So glad I have zero interest in the Mad T Party! You can have it!

Blacksheep Uncle
10-02-2012, 08:33 AM
how does one get "their spot" for a public performance at a Disney theme park?

if someone pushed some kids out of their way, that is bad, but sorry no one is entitled to a special spot at any show

cstephens
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Before I could always just walk up to my spot but now girls line up hours before show and are pushy and aggressive.

I can understand if there's a specific place from which you'd like to see the band - I have my preferences for seeing Fantasmic and Soundsational and other shows as well, but if you really want to make sure "your spot" is available, then you'd have to get there early enough to claim it. If others want to be in that space and are willing to line up early to make sure to get it, then they're certainly entitled to it. I enjoy seeing the band, and I've been a few times, but it's definitely hard to get too close to the stage because of all the regulars there, who sometimes take up a lot of room and create their own show, at least that I've seen. I had a chance to see the band on the AP Frankenweenie night, and since there weren't a lot of people there, it was nice to actually be able to enjoy the band from up close.

Seems to me the band atmosphere is still friendly - just not to your particular liking.

tea4two
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
To the OP: if you really feel that the MTP atmosphere has become negative in some way, make sure to leave a comment at Guest Relations. You seem to visit DCA often, so it shouldn't be too hard to do -- especially if another incident happens with your daughter.

candles71
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I didn't get the impression the OP was lamenting the loss of her spot, but the decline in the behavior of other guests. And, that the incident with her daughter was not that someone was in their spot but rather that someone was trying to push them out of the space they were already occupying. (One reason we spread way out to begin with while waiting for Fantasmic, because others come along and nudge you out of the way, so by show time we are still comfortable.)

JunJunM3
10-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I like Mad T Party. It really grew on me. I have noticed that towards the remaining weeks of the Summer season, that some people already have staked out their spots around the stage upwards of 2 hours before the show begins. Also, they actually stay in their spots in between band performances throughout the course of the night. There's no excuse for what those guests did to your daughter. I do hope moving forward that your experience-and everyone else's for the matter-with the Mad T Party becomes pleasant or remains pleasant and wholly enjoyable.

PlayGirlBunny
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Thank You you got what I meant candles71. So will see what happens this coming weekend with that lady that got kicked out hopefully she can see she was in the wrong and put it past her. I was told in 2 weeks the band would be playing new songs my daughter is excited but hopes they keep her faves. Oh and Does any one else see the Pirate Guy?

monkeyboy
10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh and Does any one else see the Pirate Guy?

Only after a few tots o' rum....
Hahrrrrrrrrr Hahrrrrrrrr Hahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
That be Pyrate Humour.......

PlayGirlBunny
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
hahahaha really he gives out fake coins and gems.