PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday fastpass?

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
09-24-2012, 04:26 PM
The @Disneyland twitter account today asked whether we prefer Fastpass or graveyard queue for HMH. I thought Fastpass was discontinued this year. Anyone else seen differently in the parks over the weekend?

tea4two
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I saw that, too. My answer would be that I would prefer that they bring back the FP option. Did you tweet back to ask them about it?

chahn
09-24-2012, 05:23 PM
There was not FP yesterday when we were there. I think I waited 20 min through the graveyard line.

oregontraveler
09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Maybe it's because that the Court of Angels is a Pirate makeover now, that they moved Jack & Sally over to the FP station for meet-n-greets.

DisneyFunFamily4
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I overheard a CM telling a guest on saturday that they were not doing FP's for HMH this year but it would be nice if they brought the FP option back. That being said we waited in the standby line, the time listed was 40 minutes, but we were on the ride within 20.

olegc
09-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Maybe it's because that the Court of Angels is a Pirate makeover now, that they moved Jack & Sally over to the FP station for meet-n-greets.

In years' past Jack and Sally were stationed right next to the fountain there near the FP machines. I've never seen them at CoA.

THat being said - I tweeted back. No response (do you think Disney would really admit a mistake or just say "Disney is always looking for ways to modify or change the experience for our guests" ;) )

cstephens
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM

I don't recall see Jack and Sally in that alcove in years past. I recall seeing them on the raised section in the middle, by the Rivers of America. I saw them there on Saturday, but I did see them over by the former Fastpass area for Haunted Mansion the previous Saturday.

Just Believe
09-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I went there Sunday and was shocked to see no Fastpass... However the line was luckily 15 mins in the midpoint of the day. Hopefully this will be a trend to reduce the hour or more waits

Kuzcofan
09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I wonder if as it gets closer to Halloween, they will open FP. It is still kind of early in the season and lines are fairly short, last Sunday it was only about 10 minute wait mid morning.

cstephens
09-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I wonder if as it gets closer to Halloween, they will open FP. It is still kind of early in the season and lines are fairly short, last Sunday it was only about 10 minute wait mid morning.

In previous years, they had Fastpass operating from the very beginning. I was at the park on the Saturday that Halloweentime started, when I discovered that Fastpass wasn't in use. There were 2 cast members standing in the area, and I asked them about it, and they said that Fastpass was not being used this year because it made the general wait times much longer. I suppose they could decide to turn FP on later in the season, but I kind of doubt it.

olegc
09-27-2012, 06:40 AM
i forgot to look last time at the park - but if a fastpass clock is not installed for return times - i wonder if they decided to do it would it take long to install. To me - the park may be right. Force the wait to 20 or 30 minutes (45 on really busy holiday days) to soak up some crowds. seems like they were ok with Buzz FP going away. Of course it's not as popular as HMH but same theory.

candles71
09-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I remember a lot of complaints last year from the FP wait times and the general line being longer also. So, either they would have to enforce it or have the same issues if they use it. (If I remember right, even Dan had complained about it.)

shna
09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
It will be interesting to see what it's like this weekend. Last Wednesday, HMH was a walk-on.

spectromen
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I think it would be cool if they somehow utilized the actual FP distribution more instead of just positiong J&S in front of it. And at the same time, I'd LOVE a photo opp with Constance and one of her husbands, too...

currence
10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I have done pictures with Jack & Sally inside the court of angels. So if that is currently being used for Pirate League, they couldn't do their photos there. But Pirate league is supposed to only be a test during Halloween time, so in theory they could bring back the fastpasses once Halloween is over.

familymemories
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I sure hope they keep the fast pass for Haunted Mansion. There were moments a couple of years ago we would not have been able to do the HMH because the lines were too long.

houseofmouse
10-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I have never seen Jack and Sally in the Court of Angels. Oct. 2008 they were by the fountain by the ride. Both Dec's we were there, the location was the same and it was just last year for the most recent.

currence
10-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I have often seen one or the other in the center area (the general area of the Fantasmic towers, I don't know if that area has a name) but I have a photo of them that I cannot currently find when they were both in Court of Angels The line to see them was reasonably short, possibly because no one was looking for them there. I think we randomly found them on our way to the restrooms. I have a crop of the photo that I periodically try to clean off the scratch marks, only to remember that it is Jack's hands in the photo and not scratches. My husband remembers the photo and thinks that it was taken last year. When I asked where the photo was taken, he told me it was in the "alcove area" and acknowledged he meant by the steps that lead to the back of the Disney Gallery/Club 33 so he knows the place, if not the name.

Ironically, I'm not sure that I have ever seen them by the fountain. Maybe because I still have that embedded in my brain as a former smoking area and rarely see the need to look/go into that area.

fairestoneofall
10-10-2012, 09:38 AM
No FPs this weekend and a CM said they likely wouldn't be offering them this year. Also, Jack was by the fountain (?) between the HM and French Market this past weekend. That's where I've seen him and Sally multiple times. I've also seen him in the raised area in front of Cafe Orleans, which I think is the same place cstephens mentioned.

ETA: Stand by time was only 10 minutes when we rode on Sunday. I don't really miss the FP on this ride as it's such a quick moving queue anyhow.

DisneyFunFamily4
10-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Fast pass distribution for HMH is open today.

cstephens
10-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Fast pass distribution for HMH is open today.

Oh, I hope they keep that for the rest of the season! That would make me very happy.

jananafish
10-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh man I don't know which FP to grab first on Friday...one for Space or one for HMH!

danyoung
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
If they do this like in years past, there is much more priority given to FPs than most other attractions. Even with long lines, you can usually get a FP for about 60 to 90 minutes out. Of course this means that the standby queue barely crawls along. But it seemed to me last year that they actually preferred it if you got a FP, and the system worked pretty well.

LauraTD
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I was there on the 21st and 22nd. The flyer they handed out with show schedules etc. said that there would be fast passes on Sun-Thurs for Haunted Mansion but not on Friday and Saturday. I was able to get a fast past in the early afternoon Sunday for just 90 minutes later and then during the evening (can't remember when, I think it was 5ish) I got another one for a return time of 11:05 which was perfect since I was wanting to use it after the 2nd Fantasmic. The fast pass line was super quick both times. The other line looked really slow.

DisneyFunFamily4
10-24-2012, 06:02 PM
we went on HMH sunday around 1pm. The FP return time was between 455-555p which was to late for us so we opted for the standby line. The wait said it was about 45 minutes for standby. Not sure how long we waited but I dont think it was quite 45 minutes but i'm guessing it was pretty close.