PDA

View Full Version : Get a NEW Monorail!

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-31-2003, 08:18 AM
It is very sad that they have let the monorails degrade this much. After reading the story at miceage.com, I think closing the ride for 18 months would really suck! The monorail is one of the most improtant things of the park and especially Tomorowland! I would not mind if they closed this "attraction" to fix and/or replace the cars, but they better do it soon!!!! And limiting it just to the people of the DL hotels is just a bad idea.

T-20 Days, hopefully it will still be running for everyone!

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 11:30 AM
I have the same opinion. The fleet desperately needs replacing or a major overhaul. Check out al's update at MiceAge... it has some info on that.

tabacco
07-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Disney could hire this guy...
http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/NMH01.html

:)

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-31-2003, 06:00 PM
Yeah! I saw this guy on TV a while ago.

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 09:56 PM
Hmm... well whatever... there just needs to be a new one... or 4

Lashbear
07-31-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Disney could hire this guy...
http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/NMH01.html

:)

WOW !! Would Monorailman be jealous or WHAT !!!!! :eek:

DisneyFan25863
07-31-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
WOW !! Would Monorailman be jealous or WHAT !!!!! :eek:

Yup...he would.......That would be sooooo cool to have in our backyard, except for the fact that A) It would never get Homeowners Association approvial and B) If you fell off, you would either land on cement, catus, or in our pool. :eek: :fez:

Lashbear
07-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Yup...he would.......That would be sooooo cool to have in our backyard, except for the fact that A) It would never get Homeowners Association approvial and B) If you fell off, you would either land on cement, catus, or in our pool. :eek: :fez:
In the pool... ok Concrete Or Cactus: Ouch !

DisneyFan25863
07-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
In the pool... ok Concrete Or Cactus: Ouch !

Yup.....thats what you get for living in the desert:fez:

danyoung
08-01-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
Hmm... well whatever... there just needs to be a new one... or 4

Isn't that kinda like the first rule for becoming a millionaire? "First, get a million dollars." It's not that DL needs new monorails, it's that under current leadership there ain't no money to build 'em. When the stockholder is more important than the guest, guess who gets shafted?

GeminiAngel
08-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Is Mr. Petersen going to market these? I think he could make a whole lotta dough!!! I would want one running around my house. Could I afford it. well......no. :(