PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Street, is it decorated for Halloween

PhiSigDuchessCV
09-14-2012, 09:29 AM
HI All,

For those who may be at the parks today, is DCA decorated for Halloween this year? I'd love to see pictures of Buena Vista Street all decorated for the holiday.

Carolyn

quackinup
09-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Nothing I noticed.

cstephens
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I'd love to see pictures of Buena Vista Street all decorated for the holiday.

Nope, no Halloween decorations on Buena Vista Street. I'm thinking it might be too early for that, since most people haven't even seen it in it's normal form yet.

Mistyj
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
At last night's "Get Spookier" Disney Parks Blog Meet Up, some one addressed this question to the guest speakers, David Caranci, Manager of Resort Enhancement and Brian Sandahl, Senior Designer for Disney Entertainment Creative Development, who confirmed there will be no Halloween decorations for Buena Vista Street or Carsland this year. However, both gentleman were visibly excited about the Christmas decor planned for both.

olegc
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
yes - heard that too - and Dave said because these lands just opened it would be a shame to cover up something that is really brand new. What I can't figure out is why 2 months later it's ok to cover it up with Holiday overlays. Oh yeah, that's right. MORE MONEY COMES IN DURING THE HOLIDAYS... silly me. I thought it was because they just wanted to ;-).

shna
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I was somewhat sad to see that there were no Halloween decorations in DCA. I'm really hoping that the Trick-or-Treat Party goes back to DCA next year & that they decorate the heck out of the park. I miss Candy Corn Acres!

SigalTchelet
09-21-2012, 10:59 PM
I was somewhat sad to see that there were no Halloween decorations in DCA. I'm really hoping that the Trick-or-Treat Party goes back to DCA next year & that they decorate the heck out of the park. I miss Candy Corn Acres!

It would be cool if BOTH parks were decorated for Halloween and that they both had the ToT party on alternating nights!

danyoung
09-23-2012, 04:47 PM
What I can't figure out is why 2 months later it's ok to cover it up with Holiday overlays. Oh yeah, that's right. MORE MONEY COMES IN DURING THE HOLIDAYS... silly me. I thought it was because they just wanted to ;-).

I couldn't at all be because they are both brand new areas, and there just hasn't been enough time to do all the planning it takes to decorate it for Halloween, but there IS enough time to get the Christmas decorations done?

TIMBO
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd rather them figure out the Bugs on RSR and keep it running then decorating the place...

olegc
09-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I couldn't at all be because they are both brand new areas, and there just hasn't been enough time to do all the planning it takes to decorate it for Halloween, but there IS enough time to get the Christmas decorations done?

that's not what David Crance said. he specifically said they did not want to do it because covering it up while it was so new would not be a wise decision. now - logically what you say sounds right - but I'm assuming David would have no reason to say otherwise.

Blacksheep Uncle
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I saw and interesting, and logical, blog about the lack of decorations on Blue Sky Disney

"Apparently the minimalist plans for the front entrance and Radiator Springs were too minimalistic. They will add more and more detail to the holiday theming, but the Suits wanted to have a bit more for the areas and not look as though they were skimping."

much more here:
http://www.blueskydisney.com/2012/09/know-flakes.html