PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for the Blue Bayou?

CarlieB
07-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Do you need to make a reservation for lunch? Where/how do you do this? Thanks:)

iAmJacksDLand
07-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Call 714-781-DINE and ask to make reservations for lunch of whichever date you plan to visit the park. Yes, reservations need to be made for all meals at the Blue Bayou.

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-30-2003, 08:21 PM
I thought you had to do it in person, the morning of the day in question??? You can do it ahead of time over the phone???

Thanks,
John

Elisabeth
07-30-2003, 08:53 PM
I call and make mine every time. Never once had a problem!

disneynut
07-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I think that it used to be you had to make them the day of. For at least the past year, you've been able to call the dine line.

hmbldr
07-31-2003, 03:21 AM
In person, at the restaurant, you can only make them day of - and the slots are gone very quickly - you need to get there early between 8 and 9 or all the best times and tables are gone. Of course, this is for the busy seasons.

OR, you can call in advance as suggested. I don't know how many days ( more than one?) you can call. I called the afternoon before and got exactly what I wanted for a table of 5.

Enjoy!

cstephens
07-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by iAmJacksDLand
Call 714-781-DINE and ask to make reservations for lunch of whichever date you plan to visit the park. Yes, reservations need to be made for all meals at the Blue Bayou.

Nope, not true. They have a walkup line as well. If you have a reservation, you'll get to eat when you want to, but if you don't mind waiting in line, walkup works just fine.

JeffG
07-31-2003, 04:24 PM
The walk-up line for the Blue Bayou also seems to have remained a fairly well-kept secret for some reason. I've used it on numerous times and I don't think my party has ever waited more than 20 minutes or so, even on busy days. This includes a number of occasions where I have been part of a fairly large party (10 more more people).

-Jeff

RStar
08-02-2003, 09:31 PM
I made my reservations for lunch there for tomarrow on that phone line. Thanks iamJacksDland! I don't go there because of the hastle, but that made it much easier.