PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Bayou and POTC

ashleyfan
07-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Am I to understand that the restaurant is located in the same building as the ride itself, or is it near the first drop? What part of POTC do you see from the Blue Bayou?

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-30-2003, 07:32 PM
The restaurant is in the ride itself. You do not get to see the first drop, you get to see the loading area, the first scene, and the last one. I am guessing this because I've only been on the ride, not at the restaurant before :( but will be in 21 days!!!!:D

Bill Catherall
07-30-2003, 07:33 PM
The restaurant is located by the loading dock and the first Bayou scene of the ride. While riding in a boat you pass by the Blue Bayou tables and can watch people eating, and they can watch you slowly float by. After you pass the restaurant you go down the first drop. The rest of the ride is underground as you pass under the railroad tracks and to the ride building on the other side of the tracks.

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 11:37 AM
If you go there with a date, be sure to request a seat by the water. It takes a few minutes longer, but it is so quiet and full of river noises. It's very romantic :)

danyoung
07-31-2003, 12:14 PM
But if you request a seat by the water, try very hard not to be in the seats farthest to the right (as you enter the restaurant). If you sit there you'll be in audio range of the banjo player on the porch of the bayou shack. He does an INCREDIBLY repetitive version of Oh Susannah that'll drive you out of your skull!! From the middle of the seating area and over to the left hand side is much better.

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 01:25 PM
And the kitchen can get rowdy some times :eek:

MontanaKC
07-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
And the kitchen can get rowdy some times :eek:

We were once seated near the kitchen and it was unbelievably noisy! Plate stacking noise, ice filling glasses, you name it.

I didn't really mind too much since I was there with my teenage daughter and some of her friends. They were having too much fun talking and just enjoying dinner to notice much.

If I were there for a romantic evening tho' - I would have asked to be moved.

Kim

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Well we were there and we heard a big cheer come from the kitchen... the waitress went in and wildly gave "cut" motions across her neck

hbquikcomjamesl
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Personally, I don't mind the banjo or the kitchen noises. The prime rib is superb. Watch the scalloped potatoes, though: they're good, but they bite back! Ruinous to the throat.

I'm kind of reminded of Steve Martin's line: "It's impossible to sing a depressing song when you're playing the banjo."