PDA

View Full Version : A Celebration of a Wish Come True [AP Magazine]

Pages : [1] 2 3

AnotherJenny
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Today in the mail I got a "special edition commemorative book" instead of the Backstage Pass magazine. There was a thank you letter from George Kalogridis.

The pictures are mostly real candid shots of guests. It kind of reminds me of getting a yearbook and looking at all the pics to see if you can find yourself or your friends. I bet it was fun for the photographers. Also, on the last page theres pics of CMs, which I think is nice.

rustymick
09-17-2012, 05:58 PM
I got this one in the mail today, also. Very pretty!! I save these sorts of things.

Tinkermommy
09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
It was a nice surprise! I also appreciated the letter from Mr. Kalogridis letting us know that we're a special part of the Disneyland family. It's always nice to hear that (but especially in a year when our passes rocketed up by $150 each and I wasn't feelin' the love...) :p

Mickeygirlforever
09-17-2012, 08:35 PM
I've been a pass holder for several years now and I haven't got a backstage pass in the mail for quite some time...where should I check to get these? I love getting them and miss it!!

ChurroGirl
09-18-2012, 12:08 AM
The holiday one that typically comes out this time of year to celebrate Halloween and introduce Christmas is not a magazine/newsletter, it's a book!

The book is more of a "coffee table" book but fun. It is a compilation of pictures. It is actually kind of nice and shows alot of CM's, families and guests having great times, Celebrating, in DL.

ImDMous
09-18-2012, 06:38 AM
I just got mine last night and was really curious what was in this huge envelope from Disney. It is really nice.

Shortpix77
09-18-2012, 07:35 AM
I've been a pass holder for several years now and I haven't got a backstage pass in the mail for quite some time...where should I check to get these? I love getting them and miss it!!

I have the same problem (or, sort of). I've never received a Backstage Pass magazine or AP correspondence at my house. HOWEVER, they send my stuff to my mother's house (which hasn't been my address for 10 years). Because of the "one per household" business, she doesn't get her AP stuff (because mine is going there). My address is correct on my online account, D23 has the correct address (though that was another battle), and I've even gone to a ticket window on-site, and they insist that my correct address is the only one tied to the account. BUT SOMEHOW I'm still getting mailed things to my mother's house... no idea how that works out, but I gave up trying to fix it. I love Disney, but their computer stuff could use some unification/upgrades...

Andrew
09-18-2012, 07:51 AM
We get our renewal notices, but usually don't get the newsletters. Haven't seen this new photo book either.

eabaldwin
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Does everyone get one? I usually receive the Backstage Pass, but I haven't received the book.

olegc
09-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I used to get BP all the time - and it dropped off. I did get the Mickey's Halloween Party ticket mailer promo, though, so I hope my book is just late. Shortpix77 is right - many times the addressing is off and I think it depends on which division or marketing project lead is using which database. Consolidation is not their middle name.

eabaldwin
09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
I am so impatient... ;) My book came in the mail today... It was nice to flip through. I'd be happy to pass it along (ie mail it) to someone else who is interested in it. We are trying to keep our "stuff" under control. While it's a nice book, it's not our type of collectible. If someone else would like to add it to their collection, just pm me.

ETA: We will also be in the parks next week (the 26th-29th). Could possibly meet up and pass it along as well!

Drince88
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
My address was wrong in some deep dark system somewhere at Disney, and never did figure out where. Finally, after some lapses in AP status, it did get fixed.

tea4two
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I am so impatient... ;) My book came in the mail today... It was nice to flip through. I'd be happy to pass it along (ie mail it) to someone else who is interested in it. We are trying to keep our "stuff" under control. While it's a nice book, it's not our type of collectible. If someone else would like to add it to their collection, just pm me.

ETA: We will also be in the parks next week (the 26th-29th). Could possibly meet up and pass it along as well!

Sent you a PM!

Mickeygirlforever
09-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Sad, sounds like there's no hope for me! Obviously I'm a ginormous fan and would love the book! If anyone else has an extra, I'd love it. I miss getting my backstage passes :(

PlutoIsTheOne
09-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Mine just came yesterday and I'm in Utah too so maybe yours will still arrive.

abkb76
09-19-2012, 04:21 PM
I live within walking distance to Disneyland and...have yet to receive anything in the mail besides the Halloween advert. I never have a problem getting the Backstage Magazine, so am curious where my copy of the book is?
: (

Sleeping Beauty's mom
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm in southern California and just got it the mail yesterday, I will say we usually get stuff a few days after everyone else. Maybe they went alphabetically, so now they are through the S's.

tea4two
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Someone on another board said he called Disney about not receiving this book. He was told that a second batch had gone out in the mail and that people should be receiving those books soon.

olegc
09-22-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm in southern California and just got it the mail yesterday, I will say we usually get stuff a few days after everyone else. Maybe they went alphabetically, so now they are through the S's.

Someone on another board said he called Disney about not receiving this book. He was told that a second batch had gone out in the mail and that people should be receiving those books soon.

yup must be me... i got mine yesterday too.

Blacksheep Uncle
09-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm in SoCal and I got mine yesterday too

...it's a nice little coffee table book, but I wonder why they didn't works "dreams" or "imagination" into the title too :D

Tisha
09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
My annual pass actually expired in August, but I still got the book. Very nice surprise. It's a cute book to sit on the coffee table.

JunJunM3
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Got mine yesterday. Nice play by DLR to their AP's.

stan4d_steph
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Received mine in today's mail here in Upstate NY.

ralfrick
09-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Do they not send this stuff to all AP holders? Is it only for the most expensive APs? We am approaching the end of our first year holding APs, and we have never received a quarterly magazine, and certainly haven't received this photo book I'm reading about. Closest we've ever received in the mail (in fact, only thing we've received in the mail) was an ad for Halloween. I have tried repeatedly to find something I may have missed doing on the official site, and even sent Disney an inquiry with nothing to show for it. Any idea how we can start receiving things like this?

A bientot.

Jenasweetemotion
09-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Do they not send this stuff to all AP holders? Is it only for the most expensive APs? We am approaching the end of our first year holding APs, and we have never received a quarterly magazine, and certainly haven't received this photo book I'm reading about. Closest we've ever received in the mail (in fact, only thing we've received in the mail) was an ad for Halloween. I have tried repeatedly to find something I may have missed doing on the official site, and even sent Disney an inquiry with nothing to show for it. Any idea how we can start receiving things like this?

A bientot.

I have had the same issue with Disney. Every time a Backstage Pass comes out I end up having to write Disney asking to be sent the Backstage Pass which they then send to me along with the Disney Family Fun Magazine. I am not sure why I don't receive it when it comes out but it has been this way for almost 4 years and still no permanent fix. I would only suggest the same thing that I do which would be to email Disney and explain your situation to them.