PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Fastpass?

Superty88x
07-30-2003, 03:51 PM
I recently bought my hopper pass tickets from AAA and they say they have unlimited fastpass. Dose it really work? Because Ive heard that it dosnt work at all and its the same amout of fastpasses.

hmbldr
07-30-2003, 04:40 PM
AAA Collect FASTPASS is fantastic! I used a it few weeks ago. It is not unlimited....that is, you can only get one fastpass for that one ride until that time is up or two hours are up. However, you are free to collect fastpasses at every ride all at once. So, you could arrive and make a sweep of the park and collect fastpasses from every ride kiosk and be set for the day. You could make another sweep in a couple of hours for later in the day or evening.

I often had a stack of fastpasses in my pocket so we were free to go on pretty much whatever we wanted with only a few minutes wait.

Good luck and have fun!

Ghoulish Delight
07-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Superty88x
I recently bought my hopper pass tickets from AAA and they say they have unlimited fastpass. Dose it really work? Because Ive heard that it dosnt work at all and its the same amout of fastpasses. You have to be careful how to define an unlimited fastpass. You can still hold only one fastpass for any single particular attraction. The difference is, you can hold as many fastpasses from different attractions as you want. with a standard entry ticket, if a guest gets a FP for, say, Splash Mountain, they cannot get another for Splash or any other attraction until either 1) The Splash FP window opens, or 2) 2 hours pass (whichever comes first, and we'll ignore the "disconnected" attractions because that just complicates things). However, with an unlimited pass from AAA, you can get one for Splash and then go ahead and get any other one you want, not caring about the return times.

Incidentally, are they running this in Florida too? It would be significnatly less advantageous in Florida since they are apprantly strict about holding you to your return window (i.e., you can't return AFTER the latest time on your FP ticket like they let you do in DL). In that case, getting a huge handful of FP's at a time probably wouldn't do you much good as most would expire before you could get to all of them.

teach
07-30-2003, 06:56 PM
We recently completed a trip with the unlimited fastpasses. I was very impressed at what opportunities we had as we were able to complete all the main attractions in both parks within one day, often experiencing an attraction two or three times in a day. The key is to complete non fastpass rides in the first hour or two and have a member of the group willing to do a fastpass run while others continued touring. The fact that fastpasses can be used after the assigned time makes it possible to hold a number of fastpasses at once. The unlimited fastpasses negate the drawbacks of touring during the busy season. They are totally worth the cost and value!

experiment626
07-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Make sure you purchased the Passport Plus, not just the regular Hoppers. Only the Passport Plus will have the unlimited fastpass, it should also include a breakfast voucher and $10 ESPN Zone pass.

Darkbeer
07-31-2003, 01:44 AM
Here is a detailed thread that explains how FastPass works...

The Joy of FastPass (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14736&highlight=fastpass)