PDA

View Full Version : A Disaster but very happy ending to Fantasmic 7/29/03

Disneyfreak
07-30-2003, 01:19 PM
On Tuesday Fantasmic was scheduled for a 9:00 and 1030 show. When the show music turned on the lights did not go out untill the huge light that comes from the island turned on. That was a problem at first. Mickey did his usual thing with the fireworks and the water screen didnt appear and finally after 10 sec of watching music and fireworks the screen turned on with no image what so ever. They shut down the show, the lights turned on and the guy on the recording said that we are having problems with the show. They have a huge problem believe was going to start at 930 so they had one shot at fixing it so they try reseting the show in 5 min. It of coarse happens again and the poor mickey actor did it again and looked like an idiot because after the fireworks in his hands then he does this pose and the water screens are suppost to appear. So he got burned twice in a row. Then the recording said we cannot continue! Of coarse mass booing occured:eek:
After that the fireworks started, that was great. I think they radioed the people working the computers to give a better show because they shot off more fireworks then usual.
At 1030 they start the show and as soon as the huge light came on they shut down the show again!:eek: .
People were determined to see the show and mass booing even worse this time occured. Then after that they said in just 15 min the specticle of fantasmic will start. Then everyone got into clapping together trying to give support to those poor computer repair men for the show who were sweating like you wont believe and the whole crowd started to clap with hope it would work on the next try. The show starts again the lights dont function properly again. The lights turn off Mickey does his usual fireworks scene and then THE SCREEN WORKED AND EVERYONE CHEERED WITH JOY LIKE YOU WOULNT BELIEVE LIKE A MIRICLE HAPPENED! At the end when mickey comes on top of the house on tom sawyers island with the lazers everyone just cheered like it was the best days of their life and the mickey and actors were more into it like it meant something to them and they shot off two rounds of fireworks because they didnt use them up and they shot everything off and it was twice the amount and it was the best time I have ever had with fantasmic. GREAT JOB COMPUTER TECHS YOU GUYS ARE BRILLIANT THAT YOU COULD FIX A MAJOR COMPUTER FAILURE IN JUST ONE HOUR AND 15 MIN! WHAT I WOULDNT DO FOR A RECORDING OF THIS SHOW!:crying:

Andrew
07-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Aw, this reminds me of the good ol' days...
"Apparently not!" -- Andrew & Glenn, Fantasmic!, 11-22-98

DonaldDuck14
07-30-2003, 01:30 PM
yeah i was there for the 9 o clock. i didn't bother seeing the 10 :30 because i have a pass and i figured ill come watch it on friday. but im glad they got the show going. but as soon as the water screen didn't come up in time for the soceror's apprentice segment, i knew there was trouble. then when that flower segment came they cut the water and we were all looking at a dark cabin with the music going on for like 30 seconds. it was interesting for me to see, but im glad they were able to fix it. kudos to that mickey person who hanged in there.

Disneyfreak
07-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Oh man you missed the best show of fantasmic, you should of stayed. I had hope and it came true. I stayed to the bitter end and got rewarded tremendously! Oh its not just one mickey, they have like 4. But especially the one in the beginning and the one atop of the cabin with the lazers he was going crazy and doing an excellent job!
They even extended the parks hours to midnight because of this! That was very nice of them. Instead of giving up they continued regaurdless of how late it was getting. Now thats the kind of attitiute I wanted from the staff.

byh
07-30-2003, 03:47 PM
i was at the show last night and waited close to 2 hours for it to start. it was worth it because it's been a long time since i seen fantasmic, like 4 or 5 years. people were getting restless and tried getting the wave going, i thought it was pretty funny. it started around 11, and it was great... my digi's battery died towards the end of the show and my lense got stuck... i left my charger all the way back home in the bay area, so i had to carry it on the plane with me, oh well... i had a great time.

tabacco
07-30-2003, 04:35 PM
House lights aren't supposed to go out until the Big Light comes on up on stage, normally. The rest sounds horrible :(

I feel bad for the bumblebees out there that night, though. They really get picked on when the show gets cancelled. Sometimes if there's a chance of cancellation, the leads will pull them all backstage for safety, since guests sometimes even get violent :(

cstephens
07-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Aw, this reminds me of the good ol' days...

Wow, serious blast to the past.

Haven't seen the backside of Fantasmic in a really long time. Need to do that again sometime.

Disneyfreak
07-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Well I wasnt 100% sure when the lights were suppost to turn off but I thought it was before the big light! Oh well you cant be right all the time. Also Pirates was closed for a while that day also. So it was a big mess for computer techs.:confused:

Morrigoon
07-30-2003, 08:50 PM
It didn't help that Indy broke down 3 times after 9pm ;)

I heard from a fellow CM (can anyone verify please?) that Mickey's hand fireworks backfired during one of the shows? (That is, sprayed inward instead of outward)

Disneyfreak
07-30-2003, 10:13 PM
No I didnt see the mickey fireworks go inward and i saw every atempt. But alot of rides did break down, what a disaster, indy broke 3 times in 2 hours! potc broke down for 2 and who knows, what else could of gone wrong. thank god believe didnt screw up.

Darkbeer
07-31-2003, 01:47 AM
Interesting Note: Michael Eisner was in attendance for the 10:30 showing.... talk about bad timing....:cool:

TDBearGrrl
08-01-2003, 06:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed changes in Believe! in the past two weeks? A group of my friends and I were there on the 18th of July and saw the same show we had been seeing for a while. (Don't get me wrong, I love it!) This past Sunday my partner and I were in DCA for dinner and I wanted to do some shopping in Greetings before we left, she did not so she waited out in Sunshine Plaza watching Believe!, and she thinks there are some new elements to the show. Anyone know anything about that?

DD

Hawkeye Jenny
08-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
House lights aren't supposed to go out until the Big Light comes on up on stage, normally. The rest sounds horrible :(

I feel bad for the bumblebees out there that night, though. They really get picked on when the show gets cancelled. Sometimes if there's a chance of cancellation, the leads will pull them all backstage for safety, since guests sometimes even get violent :(

I was a 'bumble bee' that night (section c) and that's exactly what my lead told us to do if the second show was canceled. Simply "take the ropes down as fast as you safely can and then RUN FOR IT!":eek:

Disneyfreak
08-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Yes thats what I meant by a premium show with believe. They added fireworks to scenes where there wasnt any being shot off. They seemed to shoot off alot more then usual. So I guess they just improved the show. But still the fantasmic was a huge relief for the 1030 or actually 1050 show.:)

Laffite
08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
You guys are seeing the half-empty side of the story.

It's not that the show didn't work, but it's that the CMs were able to fix it in time! :)

Preston

Disneyfreak
08-01-2003, 10:34 PM
If you read what I said, I gave the CMs lots of credit for what they did for the audience and I am very greatful for that. So was everyone who was there at the time that this happened.

Laffite
08-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Ok?

AnimeNut
08-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Oh its not just one mickey, they have like 4. But especially the one in the beginning and the one atop of the cabin with the lazers he was going crazy and doing an excellent job!

Hem, hem. There is only one Mickey. I would like to request that the moderators delete this blasphemy from the board at once. Now, repeat after me: "I will not post lies..."

stitcher
08-04-2003, 01:06 AM
I second that...If it were true, I should like to get ahold of those 3 (4?)imposter Mickey's and teach them a lesson or two about Disney Magic.

TDBearGrrl
08-04-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Yes thats what I meant by a premium show with believe. They added fireworks to scenes where there wasnt any being shot off. They seemed to shoot off alot more then usual. So I guess they just improved the show. But still the fantasmic was a huge relief for the 1030 or actually 1050 show.:)

The night I saw the differences was not the same night at the Fantasmic! challenges.

Guess I should have made this its own thread...

DD