PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hill at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree?

cookie7762
09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
The schedule for my upcoming trip says this is where the show will be held. I have never seen this before. Is thus typical for them to do? Why not in the Golden Horseshoe like usual?

Shortpix77
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Apparently there's a new Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch -- Disney Parks Blog just did a post on it, including the bit about Billy Hill and the "Haunted" Hillbillies :-)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/halloween-carnival-takes-over-big-thunder-ranch-jamboree-at-disneyland-park/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29

Ferb
09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
The schedule for my upcoming trip says this is where the show will be held. I have never seen this before. Is thus typical for them to do? Why not in the Golden Horseshoe like usual?

They moved them this summer. Maybe so the seating in the Golden Horseshoe could seat more people dining than sitting and watching the popular show. In the Festival Arena there never seemed to be as many people as watching the few times I stopped by as were at the Golden Horseshoe.

Pammer
09-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I saw a few shows there a couple of weeks ago and Kirk (Elvis Billy) mentioned in each show I attended that they really like being out there at Big Thunder Ranch. He comes down into the audience during his "prosteethis" segment and seems to enjoy the up close audience interaction. They also like to yell at passing trains so heads up on that!

T&Rshep
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
We saw the "haunted" version today and Kirk wasn't in it. The first time in over 13 years I have seen a Billy show with out Kirk. It was much shorter and just wasn't the same.

Malcon10t
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
We saw the "haunted" version today and Kirk wasn't in it. The first time in over 13 years I have seen a Billy show with out Kirk. It was much shorter and just wasn't the same.

Kirk gets a couple days a week off. They did shorten the show a year or 2 ago (supposedly so they could get more shows in. Its now about 25 mins.

T&Rshep
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Today it was only 10 minutes. Most of it was the devil went down to Georgia number.

Drince88
09-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Today it was only 10 minutes. Most of it was the devil went down to Georgia number.

Was it still excessively hot out? They might have to cut the sets short if it was.

T&Rshep
09-17-2012, 08:35 AM
No it was cooler on Sunday. I think it were some new guys in the group and that might have been why. One Billy had cue cards taped to the back of his violin. The main Billy was actually pretty funny.

Drince88
09-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I just read the DL update today - and if they're counting the 'mask parade' as part of the set, maybe that's cutting into the actual music???

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-01-2012, 07:00 PM
What's going on with the Billys? Even the December calendar shows the Laughing Stock Company in the Golden Horseshoe and no mention of the Hillbillies.

MammaSilva
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
We were there for the trick or treat and caught 2 sets, both with Kirk Wall but different team members. The set started with the parade, then 3 numbers total and done. We were lucky to actually talk to Mr. Wall after the show and I asked when they were going back to the Golden Horseshoe and he said they might be going back in January and that they were having a lot of fun where they are.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
But the "Christmas Spectacular" just won't be the same! The wet weather season is coming as well.