PDA

View Full Version : Dapper Day [September 7] at Disneyland

Tinkermommy
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Is anybody going to "Dapper Day" tomorrow at Disneyland? I'd never heard of this until the Tinkerteen was invited to go. Apparently they do it in Florida and Paris as well. It's a day when people get extremely well dressed up to visit the park. My daughter is going with a group of theatre friends from her school, so I scoured Goodwill today and found an appropriately dressy vintage-looking dress. I found many pictures online; it looks VERY cool!

olegc
09-06-2012, 03:58 PM
i have heard of it before but never know when it comes. I think its just starting to grow (but I could be wrong). Easy to find examples from those 50's disneyland video clips

heatherya
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
There was a dapper day on feb 5th too, we were there for dd's bday.

gibson510
09-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Sounds like fun!! I wish I could go!

eds905
09-07-2012, 09:47 PM
dapperday.com is the website for the info. There is another event set for February 24, 2013.

Mom2
09-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I would like to get in touch with some people who participated in Dapper Day for a photo opportunity. Please contact me via private message for more details. Thanks.

TTFN92
09-08-2012, 10:35 AM
My SIL is there right now with her husband. She commented on Facebook yesterday that there were so many people dressed up. Thanks to MousePlanet I was able to tell her why :).

Tinkermommy
09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
My daughter went with a group of theatre friends, and they had a great time! They did the "Dapper Derby" (where a bunch of costumed people ride the carrousel), and received a Dapper Day ticket. It was a recreation of an old "A" ticket with some Dapper Day info added on. Very cute! They stayed until park closing.

A sort of related funny story: they left from school, so they changed at school. I brought my daughter's outfit to her and was taking her backpack home, so I was there when she was walking the hallways looking for her friends. She was dressed in a red 20's style dress with rhinestones, a cloche hat, vintage-y pumps, and long glittery black beads. Students and staff kept doing double-takes, and a lot of them asked if she was going to a Gatsby party, if she was supposed to be a flapper, or someone from the 30s, 20s, etc. Then one boy stopped me and said, "Is she supposed to be a photographer?" She wasn't carrying anything, let alone a camera, so I'm still scratching my head over that one...photographer? Where did that come from? :p