PDA

View Full Version : Single rider lines

Tink0706
07-30-2003, 09:37 AM
I have seen single rider lines mentioned often, but have never seen a list of which rides (at both parks) have these. Also, how does the wait using the single rider line compare with the FP wait times? Thanks for any information!

cryan71
07-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Single Rider waits are usually much less than Fast Pass. Soarin some times takes a while for a space to open up.

Disneyland:

Indiana Jones
Splash Mountain

DCA:

Soarin’ Over California
Maliboomer
Mulholland Madness
Grizzly River Run

DonaldDuck14
07-30-2003, 11:59 AM
even though they are shorter than a fast pass line (at times) they are slowly starting to create longer waits as it is being more advertised! so i caution you, more and more people are finding out and like a family of 6 will start using these lines (trust me ive started seeing more families use these) and the lines will start to get longer, so don't be surprised if u end up waiting for a bit.

cryan71
07-30-2003, 12:03 PM
I've also seen groups go into these single rider lines, then complain that they can't sit together.

DonaldDuck14
07-30-2003, 12:57 PM
YEAH! crazy tourists, they just go in there thinking they just cheated the system without researching the consequences. then they are in mass confusion when they realize they can't sit together and they make the wait longer. and u guys need to remember they only call upon u to fill a seat when necessary, peopel keep thinking they get automatic priority to be seated right away. so whenever there is odd number or in splash mountain's case an even number to be seated in the vehicle, expect to go on.

TheatreTech
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Yesterday at Splash there was a group of 8 kids in the single rider line (which was so long they split it up like the special assistance/wheelchair line.) The CM at the exit was only letting 5 people go down the exit and into the line over the bridge every so often. He let 5 from the large group go and the other three said, "But, we're with them...". And I had to smile when the CM responded, "No, you're not, this is the single rider line. :D

Tink0706
07-31-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks all for the information. We have unlimited FP so maybe we'll skip the single rider lines.

danyoung
07-31-2003, 04:25 AM
I use these lines, particulary at Splash and Indy, and usually get on with NO wait at all. Hmmm, let me see, 90 minutes in the regular line, or no wait. Which will I choose??? ;)

DonaldDuck14
07-31-2003, 09:59 AM
well yeah, those lines are good sometimes and sometimes u literally get to board on as soon as u get in line. however i was saying if you are going with a family, stick to fastpasses because sometimes its not always fun being on a ride by yourself when u can have more fun with friends. also caution for using single riders during the mid day for those water rides ( i.e. grizzly and splash) because it can get quite lengthy at times.

experiment626
07-31-2003, 10:26 AM
To me single riders should be just that single riders. My DD went single rider on both grizzly and splash when her sister and I didnt want to wait in the line to go. It was great. We could sit and take a break while she got to go on the ride (again) and her sister and I didn't have to wait 2 hours for her to do it.

DonaldDuck14
07-31-2003, 10:29 AM
yeah, i totally agree because i normally go single on those rides, and i don't like it when i see a family of 4 or 6 when they have fastpasses available for them. yes i do know i could easily use them but there's only one of me and sometimes i hate being in line seeing a raft or ride vehicle leave with an empty seat knowing i could fill that up.

danyoung
07-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by DonaldDuck14
well yeah, those lines are good sometimes and sometimes u literally get to board on as soon as u get in line. however i was saying if you are going with a family, stick to fastpasses because sometimes its not always fun being on a ride by yourself when u can have more fun with friends. also caution for using single riders during the mid day for those water rides ( i.e. grizzly and splash) because it can get quite lengthy at times.

I guess in general I'd agree with you. It's a tough call, even when travelling with a group, what's more important to you - experience the ride with your friends, or get in as a single with no wait. Usually I'll opt for the time saver, but then usually I'm travelling solo anyway, so it all works out nicely.

danyoung
07-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by experiment626
To me single riders should be just that single riders. My DD went single rider on both grizzly and splash when her sister and I didnt want to wait in the line to go. It was great. We could sit and take a break while she got to go on the ride (again) and her sister and I didn't have to wait 2 hours for her to do it.

I'm not sure if I agree with that one. It's like you're penalizing people for travelling in a group. They should have access to the same benefits as the solo visitor, with the same restrictions. But I agree - those who go thru the single rider line and then want to stick together should be given a refresher course in what "single rider" means.

mrfantasmic
07-31-2003, 11:29 AM
If you're with 2 people, you can arrive seperately... a few seconds apart, and there is a chance that you will get in the same car... if not, sure beats the line... they don't object, because sometimes they just need to fill the spaces!

millionairegirl
07-31-2003, 11:33 AM
The fact you are in a group does not, and should not, matter. A family of 6 has every right to use the single rider line because they are willing to sacrifice riding together for the shorter wait. These lines are meant to load the rides faster and more efficiently, i.e. no empty seats, not to give people travelling alone an edge.

ComfyCody
07-31-2003, 12:54 PM
Our family visited the parks in June and had a few options available to us for the height restricted rides. (It was 2 adults and our three year old.) We experimented with Fastpass (we had unlimited passes with our tickets) , Baby swap and single rider. Single rider was the fastest every time. We used the Fastpass for rides that my son was tall enough to go on, but single rider was always faster than the Baby swap.