PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye, Mickey's Detective School!

GoldenEars
07-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi All~

To those of you who care (and I know it's VERY few:p ), today was the last day for Mickey's Detective School, and I was there for the last show at 6:45!

And altho I wasn't a big fan of the show, I did find some humor and charm in it. I mean, Minnie's dress alone was a sight to behold...could the pink have been any brighter? LOL! I did video tape the last show, as I like to do for any Disney shows that are ending it's run in the Park.

It's been my experience seeing Disney stage shows (and that dates back to 1980), that the very last shows are pretty wild and fun. And you never know what to expect from the performers and characters...they love to ham it up.

But this one today was pretty mild. The lead singer/performer and the person who plays Cruella hammed it up just a little more than usual, but nothing special. However, they sure didn't hold back on the confetti...it was coming out in droves!

And not surprisingly, I didn't have any sadness when it was all over and the last note was played. I'm just sorry they aren't planning to have Minnie's Christmas Party there this year! It looks like the Fantasyland Theatre will be down for the next 7 months for an extensive rehab. And then they premire the Snow White musical in February 2004. But as you all know, it's ALL subject to change without notice and in a heartbeat!

So, good-bye to MDS and let's just hope this SW musical is something to write home about...keep your fingers crossed!!!

Patrick:D

Gandalf
07-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DsneNut
Hi All~

To those of you who care (and I know it's VERY few:p ), today was the last day for Mickey's Detective School, and I was there for the last show at 6:45! . . . .
And not surprisingly, I didn't have any sadness when it was all over and the last note was played. I'm just sorry they aren't planning to have Minnie's Christmas Party there this year! It looks like the Fantasyland Theatre will be down for the next 7 months for an extensive rehab. And then they premire the Snow White musical in February 2004. But as you all know, it's ALL subject to change without notice and in a heartbeat!
Patrick:D
Where will the Candlelight 2003 be held?

GoldenEars
07-29-2003, 08:25 PM
It looks like the Candlelight Procession this year will be back at the train depot in Town Square! Yaaaaaaaaaaa:D

Patrick

mrfantasmic
07-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Oh good! It worked better there anyways.

TheatreTech
07-30-2003, 02:45 PM
The other day (Sunday?) I was eating my packed lunch while riding the DLRR.
(When I at DL two or three times a week, I can't afford to buy food all the time, andI like eating on the train.) Anyway, we stopped at Toontown and the recording said to comejoin them in 5 minutes, so I did. What did I think? Well, where's that smilie cramped into a medal bench with no legroom and sleeping. Ya, I didn't so much enjoy it, but it seemed that most of the little kids in the theatre did. I don't like to see any show thrown out, but something new would be nice. As strange as I am though, I did keep some of the confetti.