PDA

View Full Version : $45 Disneyland or DCA tickets available to CHOC Walk participants

AVP
08-29-2012, 05:44 PM
If you need another reason to participate in the 2012 CHOC Walk, how about this - the opportunity to purchase tickets to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure at a price not seen since 2002 - just $45!

Here's the scoop from the CHOC Walk organizers:

The DisneylandŽ Resort will offer Walkers with wristbands the opportunity to purchase a specially priced DisneylandŽ Resort 1-day 1-park Ticket for $45 each OR DisneylandŽ Resort 1-day Park HopperŽ Ticket* for $65 each to return to DisneylandŽ park and Disney's California AdventureŽ park. Walkers may purchase up to five (5) DisneylandŽ Resort specially-priced tickets total on the day of the event only. Restrictions apply. Visit a ticket booth at DisneylandŽ Resort for further details.

To qualify, all you need to do is register for the CHOC Walk and raise at least $50 - that's it!

I'm planning to check tomorrow to get all of the dates, details and "restrictions," but this is a fantastic "thank you" for everyone who comes out to raise money for CHOC.

Update: the tickets are valid October 14th, 2012 through November 9, 2012. You *must* buy them the day of the walk in person at Disneyland.

Joining Team MousePlanet is a great way to participate in the CHOC Walk, since we handle sign-in for all of our walkers. Visit our CHOC Walk website for more information and to join us:

http://www.chocwalk.net/mouseplanet

tea4two
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for posting this, AVP! If we join Team MousePlanet, and if we do buy 5 tickets that day, can we gift the tickets to someone else or do the recipients have to be CHOC walk participants? Thanks for your help!

AVP
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks for posting this, AVP! If we join Team MousePlanet, and if we do buy 5 tickets that day, can we gift the tickets to someone else or do the recipients have to be CHOC walk participants? Thanks for your help!There is nothing from what CHOC posted or from what Disney told me when I called to clarify the dates on the tickets that indicates that a CHOC wristband (which is the only proof of participation CHOC even provides) is required to use the tickets. Given they are good for nearly a month, I can't see how they could possibly expect you to wear a paper wristband that long.

AVP

candles71
09-04-2012, 02:16 PM
That was my take on it as well, if that helps.

tea4two
09-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure.

letshavefun
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
My daughter and I are doing the walk I was going to buy 3 day hoppers for $250 each, can we each buy 3 tickets at $65 each for a total of $195 and use them while we are there? That's okay right?

AVP
09-04-2012, 07:08 PM
My daughter and I are doing the walk I was going to buy 3 day hoppers for $250 each, can we each buy 3 tickets at $65 each for a total of $195 and use them while we are there? That's okay right?I can see no reason why not. Each wristband can purchase 5 tickets.

AVP

letshavefun
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I was thinking about it and doing it that way we don't get an EE day. I really like EE days so I guess I'm going to have to think about it. Also where can I find out what restrictions apply mean.

currence
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
The restrictions that we are aware of are that the tickets must be bought the day of the CHOC walk, are only good through Nov. 9, 2012 and are not upgradable. So they are good tickets if you want a one-day ticket but not the best choice if you decide you want an annual pass at the end of the day.

kikid
09-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Update: the tickets are valid October 14th, 2012 through November 9, 2012.
So, the CHOC site states the tkts are good thru '2013', No?:confused:

So, so, are the wristbands only good for walk or do they get you into parks
after event? Could not find info on this...
Looking forward to seeing everyone bright and early on the 14th.:)

AVP
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Update: the tickets are valid October 14th, 2012 through November 9, 2012.
So, the CHOC site states the tkts are good thru '2013', No?:confused:I'm checking with CHOC on this. Disney is very clear that the tickets expire 11/9/12, so I think the CHOC website has a typo.

So, so, are the wristbands only good for walk or do they get you into parks
after event? Walk only - everyone has to exit the park before it reopens.

AVP

currence
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM
There is nothing from what CHOC posted or from what Disney told me when I called to clarify the dates on the tickets that indicates that a CHOC wristband (which is the only proof of participation CHOC even provides) is required to use the tickets. Given they are good for nearly a month, I can't see how they could possibly expect you to wear a paper wristband that long.

AVP

I posted earlier in this thread that the tickets were good through Nov. 9, presumably based on something I read somewhere. Now the posts on the CHOC Walk facebook page are saying that they are only good for 2 weeks. Is this a change? I was planning on going with friends on 11/3, which is before the original posted date but not within 2 weeks.

kikid
10-02-2012, 04:57 AM
As usual, AVP was/is correct! Just received this update in my email today.

Spend the day in DisneylandŽ!
Sunday Only 10/14/2012: Present your CHOC Walk In the Park wristband at any DisneylandŽ Resort Ticket Booth to purchase a special CHOC-Tober DisneylandŽ Resort 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $65 or a 1-Day 1 Park Ticket for $45 for use on this or your next trip to DisneylandŽ Park and/or Disney California AdventureŽ Park! A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband. Offer Valid on 10/14/2012 only. Tickets Expire 11/9/2012.

Mikessister
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
As usual, AVP was/is correct! Just received this update in my email today.

Spend the day in DisneylandŽ!
Sunday Only 10/14/2012: Present your CHOC Walk In the Park wristband at any DisneylandŽ Resort Ticket Booth to purchase a special CHOC-Tober DisneylandŽ Resort 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $65 or a 1-Day 1 Park Ticket for $45 for use on this or your next trip to DisneylandŽ Park and/or Disney California AdventureŽ Park! A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband. Offer Valid on 10/14/2012 only. Tickets Expire 11/9/2012.

My annual pass happens to expire s few days after the walk. Can I apply the $65 ticket towards an AP? I did ask at a ticket booth about two weeks ago and they had no info on the choc tickets. But they thought that i would be able to apply the non-discounted (125) amount towards a AP. Any one have more info?

Thanks!
(This will be my first walk and I can't wait) :-}

Malcon10t
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
My annual pass happens to expire s few days after the walk. Can I apply the $65 ticket towards an AP? I did ask at a ticket booth about two weeks ago and they had no info on the choc tickets. But they thought that i would be able to apply the non-discounted (125) amount towards a AP. Any one have more info?

Thanks!
(This will be my first walk and I can't wait) :-}Disney has always only allowed the actual purchase price paid to be use towards an upgrade. I don't think they will allow $125 on a $65 ticket.

currence
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Periodically they do not allow any value for tickets to be applied to APs. This is usually for free promotional tickets, but the YES tickets sold at WDW do not allow for any upgrades. If you know that you are going to buy an AP, I would probably just buy that. You can enter the parks on a blackout day if it is the day of purchase so the risk that the tickets will have no upgrade value may equal or exceed the possibility that they would give you full value.

Mikessister
10-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks but when they had the "free on your birthday" they applied the actual cost towards an AP . I am going to stop by a ticket booth and ask again.

Malcon10t
10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks but when they had the "free on your birthday" they applied the actual cost towards an AP .Yes, they did do that.

I am going to stop by a ticket booth and ask again.Best of luck.

Shortpix77
10-03-2012, 07:12 AM
The APs we won through the Coca Cola/Kroger contest had absolutely no upgrades allowed. It stated that on the ticket, and when we redeemed the first pass, the CM went over that with us in excruciating detail, emphasizing that absolutely no upgrades or changes (including adding parking) could be done to these tickets.

I would imagine that if the CMs don't have that info on the CHOC tickets yet, there will at least be restrictions printed on the tickets themselves that could be referred to -- I know that means waiting until the day of, but it's something!

AVP
10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks but when they had the "free on your birthday" they applied the actual cost towards an AP . I am going to stop by a ticket booth and ask again.When I called to get the information originally posted, they told me that the tickets would have a $45 / $65 upgrade value, meaning you'll only get what you paid for them.

AVP

kikid
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
When I called to get the information originally posted, they told me that the tickets would have a $45 / $65 upgrade value, meaning you'll only get what you paid for them.

AVP

Yep! Makes total sense to me!!!:D