PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Hojo thread

tracilicious
07-29-2003, 11:23 AM
sorry for the repetitiveness folks. i know there have been a great deal of hojo threads, but i have a few specific questions. we are going august 31 to september 1 and are considering staying at hojo based on all the positive reviews on the pad. we usually stay at red roof inn for these two reasons:

1) $45.00/night internet rate
2) big rooms

however, there are some cons. such as:

1) no fridge/microwave
2) no continetal breakfast
3) basically no frills at all, just nice, clean, big rooms at a great price.

how does hojo compare in these respects? is there continental breakfast? what are the best rates that some have found? i've had some success before with calling certain hotels at the last minute and saying, "we are looking for a room for X amount of nights and we only want to pay X amount of dollars, can you offer any rooms at this rate?" we always offer reasonable prices and if the hotel has a large number of vacancies then they usually go for it. if i can't find a good hojo rate online, then does anyone know hojo's policy on such things? the time we are going might be too busy to bargain, but hey, you never know. pools aren't a consideration, just size of rooms and amenities. thanks for any info anyone has.

~<:) tracilicious

Darkbeer
07-29-2003, 11:43 AM
HoJo's does not offer breakfast, but the best source for finding out information is the hotel itself... the Director of Marketing is a very frinedly person, and will be happy to answer your questions, and will do his best to get you a good rate, write him at...

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Lani
07-29-2003, 12:17 PM
The price seems good.

We stayed there once. The room was fine, no problems.

Our only druther was that it wasn't as close to the park... oh it's very close, but we're used to staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn or the Desert Inn and Suites, which are literally right across the street from the pedestrian entrance.

Those, however, are often twice the amount you are quoting for your stay. So of course, YMMV. :)

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
07-29-2003, 02:23 PM
HOJOs standard rooms include a refrigerator, but no microwave (though you can always request one and hope for the best). Their deluxe rooms include both refrig and micro, I believe.

Hojoanaheim
07-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Our new pool is now open. I'll post some more photos of the fountain area on Wednesday afternoon.

www.hojoanaheim.com/images/pool_open.jpg

pouncingpluto
07-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I found $59/night in August on expedia.com.

Lashbear
07-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Hojoanaheim
Our new pool is now open. I'll post some more photos of the fountain area on Wednesday afternoon.

www.hojoanaheim.com/images/pool_open.jpg

I'm very impressed with the fact that the Assistant Manager at the Howard Johnson's is pro-active enough to participate on the Pad !!

Bravo at your initiative !

Rob :fez: