PDA

View Full Version : AP Movie Night at Disneyland tonight, 8/23

AVP
08-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Disneyland is hosting a completely under the radar AP event tonight (meaning they didn't advertise it anywhere).

Signs inside the Disneyland gates advise APs to visit the Main Street Opera House for more info. Once there, CMs stationed outside ask you to vote for which movie you want to see. Tonights choices are Beauty and Beast or The Lion King. If you want to watch, they'll give you a wristband, and ask you to come back at 6:30. You must check in and vote by 5pm.

The CMs said there was no advertising, and today was the first event. They won't say if/when they might do this again. There were a LOT of APs stopping by, but I didn't see how many signed up while I was there.

AVP

bennette
08-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Um, where will you watch it? The DTD theatre?

currence
08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
How fun. With such a small venue as the Main Street Opera House I can see why they would not be advertising it. Slightly strange that you have to decide if you want to watch before you know what movie will be selected.

What a fun perk for people already in the park or close enough to stop by in time to check-in.

stan4d_steph
08-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Um, where will you watch it? The DTD theatre?Inside the Opera House.

bennette
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Well, that is a special event!

candles71
08-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Let's see 2 hours and 3 minutes to drive 462 miles thats..... really fast. ;) Sigh.

PhiSigDuchessCV
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I was trying to figure out if I could get there by 6:30 until I saw that you have to check in by 5:00 never mind. Don't think work will let me off now so I can go see a movie at Disney.

Shortpix77
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
This is such a fun idea! I can't make it tonight, but I hope they do more of these in the future. Very cool surprise for APs in the park today :-)

xeudaemonic
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I freaked out when I saw this on my friend's page ..... I can't believe I didn't see this any time today .... I will be staking out for the next one .. (:<

carolinakid
08-24-2012, 05:14 AM
I'd pass. I've seen both of those films ad nauseam.

SigalTchelet
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd pass. I've seen both of those films ad nauseam.
I never tire of either! That would have been fun to see!

houseofmouse
08-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Since I am not a local AP holder, I don't think I would give up my park time to watch a movie I can watch at home. However, if that's people's thing, than I am sure they enjoyed it. :)

AnotherJenny
08-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I would probably go for the experience of seeing a movie at the Opera House. But, of course, I am local, so it's not such a big deal to give up park time. I've done it before where I've gone to a screening for the exciting of seeing something on the big screen or in a really cool old theater, and then after like 15 minutes sort of sat there and said to myself, "Ugh, now I have to sit through another hour of a movie I know by heart." But I keep doing it again and again, so I guess I don't really mind that much :)

potzbie
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
As you may remember, "showing Disney movies in a building which is not being fully used" was MY IDEA.

I'd like to see a full week:
MON = The Absent Minded Professor
TUE = Old Yeller
WED = The Horse Without A Head
THU = Summer Magic
FRI = The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
SAT = The Shaggy D.A.
SUN = Johnny Shiloh

Then, a Fess Parker marathon
Then, a Kurt Russell marathon
Then, a Keven Corcoran marathon
Then, an Annette Funicello marathon

fredc
08-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Next week the movie will be on Thursday Augest 30th acording to and Opera House CM.

experiment626
08-25-2012, 07:05 PM
The question is which movie "won?"

Cory Gross
08-26-2012, 07:56 AM
That is a wonderful idea! Too bad I'm not an AP holder!

I would totally sit and watch a movie at Disneyland, even if it "cut" into my vacation time... The Main St. Cinema is one of my favourites, and I think it's an awful waste that they're not using the Carthay Circle to actually show Snow White. Yes I may have the movies on DVD, but I will never pass up the chance to see one I like on the big screen, especially in a unique environment.

WITron
08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
They used to do this for Cast Members. When the park would close early durring the spring and fall. It was a set movie each week and they would show about 4 movies, both older films and newer ones. The one movie that I was excited to see there was Fantasia.

stan4d_steph
08-27-2012, 07:48 PM
The question is which movie "won?"It was reported in the Park Update this week. They screened The Lion King.

xeudaemonic
08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
My friend had told me that there was another showing tonight, as someone else stated there would be. She also said that the introduction for the movie was introduced to the original voicer for Mickey Mouse! SO COOL.

And tonight's movie chosen was Sleeping Beauty, what a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STQ1HFtKEU

AnotherJenny
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
My friend had told me that there was another showing tonight, as someone else stated there would be. She also said that the introduction for the movie was introduced to the original voicer for Mickey Mouse! SO COOL.

And tonight's movie chosen was Sleeping Beauty, what a classic!

I really wanted to go tonight, but it was Vin Scully bobblehead night, and, you know, priorities ;)

Glad to hear they showed Sleeping Beauty, but a little disappointing if I try to go next week that probably won't be the movie. Oh well.

At least I have my bobblehead :D

JeffG
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
She also said that the introduction for the movie was introduced to the original voicer for Mickey Mouse! SO COOL.

They got Walt Disney to introduce it? That is impressive.

-Jeff

candles71
08-31-2012, 04:49 PM
They got Walt Disney to introduce it? That is impressive.

-Jeff My thoughts exactly. :p

SigalTchelet
09-01-2012, 05:27 AM
I really wanted to go tonight, but it was Vin Scully bobblehead night, and, you know, priorities ;)

Glad to hear they showed Sleeping Beauty, but a little disappointing if I try to go next week that probably won't be the movie. Oh well.

At least I have my bobblehead :D

^^^^LIKE^^^^ Tough choices, but I would have done the same! Lucky You!!!