PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Glass shop castle

JeffB
08-21-2012, 07:32 AM
When I was young, I was fortunate enough to live in SoCal and my family would go to Disneyland 2 to 3 times a year. We always stopped in the glass shop on Main Street to watch the artisans work their magic and to oooh and aaah over the giant glass castle in the front window. At the time ('80s) I remember it being a few thousand dollars and dreamed of having it even though I'm sure I would have broken it while using it as a Lego castle or something.

Anyone know what happened to the castle? Did it finally get sold? Or moved somewhere else in the park? Perhaps it's sitting in a Disney exec's office somewhere? Or worse did it finally get broken from all the little lookey loos?

shna
08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I was just oooh-ing and aaah-ing over a shiny sparkly castle in that window just a couple of weeks ago. I think it was a different one than it used to be (maybe the original was sold?) -- but the one that was there sure was pretty.

AVP
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Anyone know what happened to the castle? Did it finally get sold? I was told the blown glass castle that sat in the window for years was sold and shipped to someone in Japan. After a few years, they replaced it with the cut crystal one currently on display.

AVP