PDA

View Full Version : POTC Movie - scenes from the ride [untagged spoilers]

Darren
07-28-2003, 06:53 PM
I finally got to see POTC in the theater this past weekend. I enjoyed it very much. I especially ejoyed seeing scenes on film that closely mirrored those in the ride.

I would like to see a list put together of these scenes. I'll start with just one and see where this goes. When the prisoners were calling to the dog to get the keys I laughed and laughed. It was great to see that familiar scene on the big screen.

I know that there are many others and could list a few but I thought I would see what the rest of you came up with.

Also curious whether there are some of these theme park scenes from WDW in the movie that are not in DL's ride?

I hope this post makes sense, if not I'll try to clarify later.

Not Afraid
07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Will's first words as a pirate are "Avast Ye"

Captain shouts "Show your colors you Bloomin' Cockroachers."

There are many more.

Superty88x
07-28-2003, 07:01 PM
When they were walking through town it had a few scenes from POTC. They had the hot red head from the auction and she slaped jack. MMMMmmmm and I guess when the ship was attacking the port even though its a differnt captin.

Andrew
07-28-2003, 07:01 PM
The pile of treasure in the cave is right out of the treasure tunnel in the ride.

I'm told the redhead from the bride auction in the ride can be seen in the pirate village when Sparrow is getting slapped around.

Polar33
07-28-2003, 07:18 PM
I like how the Pirates movie began with fireflys, very reminiscent of the fireflys at the begining of it's namesake attraction.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-28-2003, 07:40 PM
The crabs on the beach. (?)
The redhead.

lisap
07-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Barbosa drinking wine as a skeleton.

The man from 'drunk town' (can't remember the name) drinking wine out of bullet holes in the barrels.

Gibbs sleeping with the pigs.

The Black Pearl's attack on Port Royale's fort.

disneyfreak168
07-28-2003, 09:01 PM
The skeleton lying on the ground with a sword stabbed in its back. That was in the ride near this skeleton (http://www.mouseinfo.com/photo.php?photo=http://www.mouseinfo.com/disneylandresort/disneyland/neworleans/attractions/pirates/photos/DSC02416.jpg&cap=Skeleton) after the drops. (uhhh you have to turn your head to look at the skeleton properly..:p )

if anyone finds the picture of that skeleton that was lying on the ground, i'd be happy!

anyways that skeleton was shown when I think jack and will were entering Isla de la Muerta.

hey isn't there also a donkey from the ride and its in a shed or perhaps...a blacksmith shop? and then there's a donkey IN THE BLACKSMITH SHOP!

oooooooooooooo

"Dead men tell no tales" well from the parrot.. uhh

I found a pic of the jail scene with the dog from the ride (http://www.megspace.com/entertainment/dlfreak/pirates06.jpg)

Bill Catherall
07-29-2003, 09:30 AM
And the most obvious one of all...Elizabeth Swann singing Yo Ho.

Dave Z
07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw a pirate firing a pistol with both hands while lying on a cannon when the two ships came side by side.

halestorm
07-29-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm sure I also saw a hidden mickey. They have a shot of a cannon firing and the smoke forms into a hidden mickey for like a second.

mystycalchyk
07-29-2003, 11:52 AM
hey my hubby said he also saw that hidden mickey...I didnt see it but the moment was gone before I could.

Good eyes you two have

disneyfreak168
07-29-2003, 12:57 PM
ok! i found the site (finally). this is a link (http://www.oitc.com/Disney/Disneyland/Square/Pirates.html) for Pirates in DL. you guys can check it out to find other hidden mickeys in Pirates and i'm gonna stop talking write now because this is off topic:p

Darren
07-29-2003, 03:07 PM
All nice replies. Keep them coming if there are more...

Brisal73
07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
ship attack on fort
pirates chasing the woman thru the town
chicken and donkey sound effect when Orlando wakes up from being knocked out
Dog and prisoners
drunk on tilting barrel in pirate town
red head
fat lady flirting with orlando in bar
pirates feet dangling from patio of pirate town
man sleeping with pigs at pirate town
talking bird i believe its from the entrance to the ride
fireflys in the title scene
treasure in caves
pirate with sword in back with crab
Jack leading his pirates thru the storm...very similar to the skeleton lightning scene in the ride
lady in pirate town opening then closing window blinds
pirate with the bad eye twirls his knife like a pirate by the well

Im mostly going for the visual stuff but there is a lot POC sayings...just wish they would have had the ghosts of the caves say Dead Man Tell No Tales

Woodpecker Planet
07-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Most all of the best parts of the movie were the ones that were most reminiscent of the ride. The Pirate town was a great, great scene. It was just way too short. Young Swan singing "Yo Ho" at the begginning was creepy and beautiful. Almost everytime they latched on to one of the ride's really great ideas though, they let it go. I wish they would have sailed the ship into the caverns there at the end. It looked cool in "Goonies"!

I think they were afraid of being too risque'. Much in the way that parts of the original ride have come to be "politically incorrect". These were criminals after all.