PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at Happiest Place on Earth

Gemini Tink
07-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi, I'm taking my 9 year old to Disneyland for her Birthday as a surprise!!! I was hoping to get ideas for fun and special things to do for her on her birthday. I know you guys are experts so I'm sure you all have inside information.

Also, while on the subject, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share ways they have spent their Birthdays at Disneyland!!

Darren
07-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Make sure you stop by City Hall and get a birthday sticker. Sharp CM's will spot that and make the day magical. I guarantee that something great will happen during the day.

CarlieB
07-28-2003, 07:08 PM
How cool - I'd love to spend my birthday at DL. Maybe you can take her to one of her favourite stores in the Parks (or the big Disney store at DTD) and have her pick something special as a birthday gift? Maybe she could also be in charge of picking a restaurant for her birthday lunch or dinner?:)

dnyduck
07-29-2003, 09:42 AM
We just got back from a week long trip there with our 9 & 6 year old. It was the 6 year old's birthday. What we did was this:

1) We went to City Hall - They give the birthday person a sticker with their name and age on it (through out the day CMs wish the birthday person a happy birthday, our's even got "6 Birthday Spins" with Princess Aurora). There is also a special message waiting for the birthday person at city hall.

2) We celebrated at the Plaza Inn for the "Happiest Birthday on Earth" party. It's $10 per person and you get a party hat, souvinier cup, and a birthday cake that you get to decorate. The host is "Patrick Edward Cake" or (as he put it) his friends like to call him "Patt E. Cake". There is also a special appearance by Mickey and Minney. There's LOTS of music, dancing and fun.

While at the Plaza Inn or any full service restaraunt at the DLR, you can also get other special birthday surprises, depending on how much you are willing to spend. Here is a link for The Happiest Birthdays on Earth (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/event?id=HappiestBirthdaysOnEarthEventPage) information. It was so much fun....I think we used up a roll or two of film on this one event. Enjoy!!!