PDA

View Full Version : What is the DLR missing?

Pages : [1] 2

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-28-2003, 03:59 PM
I was wondering what people thought was missing from the DLR. Not really what rides are missing rides, but what services? What would you like to see added, upgraded, etc.

Thanks,
John

T-23 Days!

donatello3000
07-29-2003, 12:02 AM
-Pal Mickey
-transportation from PPH to DL
-a way to get rid of those darned crows

...that's all i can think of Right now

MonorailMan
07-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Better Managment

danyoung
07-29-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Mickeyslittlehelper
I was wondering what people thought was missing from the DLR.

Tomorrowland.

merlinjones
07-29-2003, 07:35 AM
What Disneyland is missing:

Groovy ultramodern Tomorrowland
Adventure Thru Inner Space
Rocket Jets up high
PeopleMover
Skyway
Submarine Voyage
Nautilus
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
Tahitian Terrace
Country Bears
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship
Carousel of Progress
Flying Saucers
Restaurants open late
night crusies on the Mark Twain
Fort Wilderness
Decent merchandise
Good artwork
Attraction Posters
Penny Arcade
Carnation Plaza Gardens as an eating facility
Carnation Ice Cream Parlor
New E Ticket
Nice Winnie-the-Pooh ride
Motor Boat Cruise
Keel Boats
Main Street Electrical Parade
Sleeping Beauty Castle Dioramas
Paint on Sleeping Beauty Castle
Paint in general
Top of the Park bar at Dl Hotel
TinkerBell Toy Shop
The Villains Store
new Monorail trains
Monorail service from the parking lot/hotels
A decent, Walt Disney worthy second gate
Big airy convenient parking lot
Affordable casual food at Downtown Disney
Good food in the parks, without too much sugar
Creative management that appreciates Walt Disney
Populist management
Management familiar with theme parks, storytelling, animation, entertainment and showmanship rather than accounting, banking, marketing and retailing
Customer first philosophy
Reinvestment philosophy
Respect for the past/tradition
Comprehensive and efficient maintenence
Historic awareness
Understanding of clientele/mission statement
Knowing the audience
Love for Disney culture
love for Disney fans
Respect for Walt Disney, his theories of entertainment and his achievements
A good deal
Exceeded expectations
lovely bright colors
White Tomorrowland
themed weekends
Name bands and entertainers
New immersive story based themed environment Audio Animatronic spectacular experiences for the whole family
Little Mermaid ride
Cinderella attraction
Special events not merchandise related
Refurbished Tiki Room
A good view to the Anaheim Hilton
Fireworks every night
Longer hours for all venues
Decent print advertising
Vault Disney Store
Respectful management
Humble management
Nice management
Honest and truthful management
Futurism
Fresh ideas
Big ideas
Creativity over other concerns
Artful execution
Attention to detail
A nurturing creative environment
A desire to be the best
Ample budgets
Humility
Showmanship
Wisdom
Cartoonists/big kids in charge
A view beyond the next immediate crisis
Vision
Profits
Walt Disney

Main Street Magic
07-29-2003, 07:56 AM
so, could you be just a little more specific? ;)

Dexter
07-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Honestly, I'm of the opinion that Dave and Busters needs to move in to DTD. I know that ESPN zone has an arcade, however I'm inclined to believe (never been in it) that it's comprised mostly of sports games. If they put a D&B in DTD (I'm thinking in the Y Arriba Y Arriba space, I know there are plans for it, but, I can dream) I would never leave the DLR!!!!!!

My congrats to Merlinjones, cause that list is huge but I couldn't agree more with most of it!!!!

NirvanaMan
07-29-2003, 11:22 AM
How about some resteraunts in Downtown Disney that are actually exciting and unique instead of another boring chain. You can only make hamburgers and pasta so many ways. Variety and interest in other cultures would make it really great. That is what is so wonderfull about the world showcase resteraunts at epcot.

TecTalker2K
07-29-2003, 12:41 PM
I hqve been told so many times that Disneyland is for everyone.... well, how about a nudey bar in the golden horseshoe. It could alternate between men and women. Sure put a whole different light on Minnie and Mickey.

CarlieB
07-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Some new & interesting eateries. There's only so many times you can eat burgers and pizza...some new, mid-range dining options with quality food (and healthy options) would be good:)

DisneyFan25863
07-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Paul Pressler

Pony Sugrue
07-29-2003, 02:02 PM
You know I'd really like to see a way to walk from CRITTER COUNTRY around the north end of the Rivers of America. I hate it when I'm back in there and I have to go out and fight my way through the beating of New Orleans Square

Well that and basically everything that the great MERLIN JONES wrote. I yield to this "Campus Kook" as the higher authority on these matters every time.

merlinjones
07-29-2003, 03:05 PM
More MIA at DL:

I agree with Pony that a walkway from Critter Country to Frontierland is now necessary with the crowding, as well as desirable, so also add:
Indian Village (Pocahontas themed?) in that area

CircleVision 360
Competent mid-level management
A good meal at a good price
Seats in the Main Street Cinema
Dragon cave
Can-can girls
hula girls
fire dancers (don't do this at home)
mermaids
Zorro
SpaceBar
Space Mist
House of the Future
Disneyana antique mall
Cheshire Cat costume
Ethical corporate culture
Attractive rear facade for Indy show building
Living wages for hourly workers
Pink slips for top heavy management and consultants
A bargain
Synergy
Corporate sponsors
Leadership
An enema at Team Disney Anaheim building (Burbank too)

Allison
07-29-2003, 03:32 PM
All the above and just a little TLC thats all I wish for these days.
At least preserve what you already have!

blusilva
07-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Walt Disney's Working Office.

zapppop
07-29-2003, 04:03 PM
I was annoyed w/ the Disneyland Hotel a few weeks ago when I needed a pair of scissors. I needed to cut some pants into shorts so I called guest service and requested a pair of scissors. I waited for over an hour and got no response. I called again and the CM told me they cannot provide a pair of scissors for " safety reasons ". I personally went down to the lobby and used a pair right infront of the CM's on the check in counter and let them know I was not pleased.

When I was in Euro Disney a few weeks ago, I asked for a pair of scissors and they brought me a pair of scissors. When we needed a corkscrew, not only did the bring it immediately, they opened the champagne bottle as well ! They even brought a stereo w/ CD player at my request, VERY quickly, AND INSTALLED IT !!!

Service in Euro Disney is great.

Disneyland is another story.

Andrew
07-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I was annoyed w/ the Disneyland Hotel a few weeks ago when I needed a pair of scissors. I needed to cut some pants into shorts so I called guest service and requested a pair of scissors. I waited for over an hour and got no response. I called again and the CM told me they cannot provide a pair of scissors for " safety reasons ". I personally went down to the lobby and used a pair right infront of the CM's on the check in counter and let them know I was not pleased.

Pet peeve, there. "Safety reasons" is used to justify an awful lot of stupid rules--in many cases I think it's used to compensate for laziness and/or incompetence.

It's ludicrous that they couldn't let an adult paying hotel guest borrow a pair of scissors. I suspect someone just didn't want to get off his duff and bring them up to you.

Tigertail777
07-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Merlin covered pretty much everything, and what I may list might be the same, but I will ist the reasons as well...

OK a good idea in either DTD, NOS, or frontierland somewhere (maybe even combine it with the golden horseshoe show so people will want to come in there more).... a FARRELLS ICE CREAM PARLOR

A new more sleek modern version (or a well themed fantasy version) of the skyway... why? transportation during those darn parades that cut you off into one section of the park. So you can get from one side of the park to the other, and also have a great view.

Dear god, get some new monorail cars for crying out loud! The ones at TDS are really neat looking with the mickey windows... or do some really cool futuristic new design... you could even make one of the cars a restaurant, or mini arcade or somethign so you increase teh reasons to use hte monorail. And it would be really cool to add color flourescent lights along the length of the track for night time... just another futuristic touch.

FIX MY TIKI ROOM.

Have more training for cast members in the vein of the old training.

fire just about every ceo and suit workign there, that wont take time every week to visit the park, and see that it gets the care it needs.

Basically ALL of tomorrowland needs major work. It would be nice if they brought an updated version of the subs back something along the lines of the one at Disneyseas. But for gosh sake make it TOMORROWLAND not retro downgraded falling apart land, think furturistic even if a lot of money has to be dropped into it. How about the worlds first full holographic surround ride?

And finally; bring back more street performers and theme characters for each land. More music... real dixie bands at night on mark twain etc. Make Disneyland the happening place it used to be ... like little parties going on each corner of the lands.

Lashbear
07-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
...When we needed a corkscrew, not only did the bring it immediately, they opened the champagne bottle as well !

Er, why did they use a CORKSCREW to open a bottle of CHAMPAGNE ? :p ;) :geek:

zapppop
07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
because the bottle had a cork in it. :geek:

danyoung
07-30-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
I hqve been told so many times that Disneyland is for everyone.... well, how about a nudey bar in the golden horseshoe. It could alternate between men and women. Sure put a whole different light on Minnie and Mickey.

Nah, then they'd have to serve alcohol, and we all know how you feel about that!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:D

TecTalker2K
07-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by danyoung
Nah, then they'd have to serve alcohol, and we all know how you feel about that!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:D

My favorite nudey bar in San Diego does not do alcohol. I go for the sandwhiches and fruit juice.

merlinjones
07-30-2003, 12:13 PM
I also miss the days before FastPass. Those kiosks are cluttery and ugly and now certain rides are impossible to go on if you arrive midday or later (Splash).

danyoung
07-31-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
I also miss the days before FastPass. Those kiosks are cluttery and ugly and now certain rides are impossible to go on if you arrive midday or later (Splash).

Au contraire. You forget about the single rider line, the greatest thing since FastPass. We're not talking a 5 minute wait here - we're talking NO wait. Works for me!

TecTalker2K
07-31-2003, 11:02 AM
For those that were offended by my attempt at humor regarding Nudey Bars. my_apologies to you.