PDA

View Full Version : Where's Our Earl of Sandwich?

Toocherie
08-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I started a new thread because the old one hasn't had a post since February and seemed more geared to the replacement of Compass Books.

So---any updates from anyone as to WHEN Earl of Sandwich will open in DTD? We are going the first week of September and would love to have a meal there. If I recall, the original schedule had called for a Summer opening? (Uh, Summer's almost over.)

Goodnplenty
08-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm looking forward to the EofS opening too. It'll be great to pickup a sandwich or salad and take it back to the hotelroom. We have one here at WDW's DTD, and it's always busy. And the menu is excellent.

I'll be at DLR early Nov. I'm hoping it will be open by then. :)

GnP

THpoohbear
08-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I was just about to start a thread about this! I haven't been over there to look at any possible construction or signage, but sort of remember thinking it was going to open around July? What is going on?

My pass just expired and still no Earl for me. I'm very much looking forward to it so I hope plans are still in the works.

Escape2Disney
08-13-2012, 03:56 PM
The original projection was summer, but I think I read somewhere that it was rescheduled to open sometime in the Fall.

Drince88
08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
There was a picture in the July 31st DL update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10074/Disneyland_Resort_Update), near the bottom, and it just said, "late summer".

DisneyFunFamily4
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM
i was at DL two weekends ago and stopped by the Walt Disney Travel Co in DTD and i asked them if they had heard anything about EoS opening. She said the last she had heard was "late summer" but told me to go and peek in the back window and the place was still pretty much empty. i'm no expert but it doesn't look like it will be a "late summer" opening.......

DisneyFunFamily4
08-13-2012, 07:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefe336d-cae5-cfa3.jpgthis is the pic I took through the back window last weekend.

Andrew
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Get in line now!

Ferb
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
The official opening is still "Late Summer" I'm rather surprised to see they aren't working fast to get any Summer crowds in the door, but maybe they don't want to deal with people storming the doors and are waiting until post Labor day which is still technically Summer.

leota's necklace
08-14-2012, 06:14 AM
It takes a long time to put in a loop.

Goodnplenty
08-14-2012, 06:27 AM
it takes a long time to put in a loop.

lol ;)

olegc
08-14-2012, 06:45 AM
i was bummed out when news trickled it would be here in the Fall. I signed up for the e-club and got a coupon for my birthday to get a free sandwich - which expires on 8/15. Oh well... I still can't wait for it to be here.

Earl of Sandwich USA
08-15-2012, 05:51 AM
We are working hard to open our Downtown Disney location as soon as possible! We'll make an announcement on Facebook and Twitter as soon as we have an official date.

Toocherie
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Hope it's soon--excited to get a Holiday sandwich this Fall!

CariBelle
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
We are working hard to open our Downtown Disney location as soon as possible! We'll make an announcement on Facebook and Twitter as soon as we have an official date.

Thanks for the update!

SigalTchelet
08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Looks like you might want announce it here too! Lots of folks looking forward to your opening! As in the old Mervyns commercials: "OPEN OPEN OPEN!" :D:D:D

Goodnplenty
08-17-2012, 05:21 AM

How very kind of you to reply! :) You have a wonderful store at WDW's DTD. DH and I plan to visit your DL DTD store the first week of Nov.during our vacation. It will be great to grab some food and take it back to the hotel room with us. Thank you very much for building in DL DTD. :)

GnP

micmac0720
08-17-2012, 08:16 AM
great news. earl of sandwich was probably our favorite quick meal at WDW when we went last December. and we just went to DTD on tuesday and DW said she wished there was an earl of sandwich here too. good to know one is coming

SillyOldBear
08-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I directly emailed Earl of Sandwich early last week, but I have not yet received a response. Does anyone happen to know if they offer a gluten free bread option?